Why become a member? ×

ACG Jazz 5 NOW £800
£900
Kingston, Surrey

Brother Jones

ACG Jazz five string, maple board, boutique Jazz, from Alan's workshop. Bought by me from a fellow BCer about a year ago. 

Original ACG site reference and photos here:

http://archive.acguitars.co.uk/portfolio/0103-acg-j-type-5-string/

My (rubbish) photos here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fZwdKiq8zSvCRshE7

(Or if that doesn't work, will email them).

The hardware has been changed from chrome to black by a previous owner, The action is very low, although the strings are a bit on the light side for my tastes. The board is slightly birds-eye, and the bass overall only has the usual light swirling - no dints or serious scratches. 

This is very light for a five - 3.7kg on my bathroom scales - and one of the lightest 5s I've owned. 

It's a 34" scale, and has an East Custom U-Retro circuit, which I like a lot. Having owned Lull and Sadowsky Jazz 5s, I'd say this is a very serious competitor, for a lot less money.

I am selling this, along with my two Fenders, to pay funeral expenses. For the avoidance of doubt, and to prevent thread crapping, I am asking less than what I paid for this bass. Here is null9er's original thread (which also has some rather nice photos). I hope he doesn't mind

Collection or meet up in London/Surrey preferred, but courier possible at buyer's arrangement and expense. No trades please. 

Thanks

DSC_0068.JPG

Edited by Brother Jones
  • Like 5

Hi

What brand is the later black hardware? The original chrome bridge was hipshot and chrome gotoh tuners.

You also state that it has only light swirling and no dents or scratches but the previous owner stated that it had belt buckle rash and a dent, have you repaired this?

The hardware has been replaced with the same models, except in black. There is no buckle rash or dents. 

I am fed up with time wasters on BC. Don't crap my threads, dispute my honesty, or waste my time unless you would actually like to buy this bass. 

Edited by Brother Jones
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brother Jones said:

The hardware has been replaced with the same models, except in black. There is no buckle rash or dents. 

I am fed up with time wasters on BC. Don't crap my threads, dispute my honesty, or waste my time unless you would actually like to buy this bass. 

The question about the hardware was a valid one, since you had just stated a change in hardware colour to black by a previous owner, along with a link to the original ACG web page spec. Other brands of black hardware are available so how are BC members to know what has been fitted? 

You also posted the previous owner’s sale thread, in which it states that there is buckle rash and a dent, so again it was a valid question. 

I don’t understand how valid questions on a sale thread for a bass costing £900 constitutes a “crap”  of your thread?

i am not a time waster as my feedback on BC will show. I was actually genuinely interested in buying this bass, but I’m sure I’ll find something suitable from a less rude member.

• Like 4

Right, I 've made a silly billy of myself here. Apologies to you Haysy. Without wanting to make excuses, a very large amount of alcohol, and an enormous row with girlfriend in a Brooklyn restaurant were involved (and my furious typing of the response didn't help that row much).

The bass does have a dint on the back, although it's not through to the wood. I can't see any belt rash on the back. Overall, if it was a vinyl record, I'd describe it as 'very good'.

I've managed to pay for the funeral, so not in as mad a rush to sell as I was. I do have a feedback thread somewhere, which reveals that I'm not always a Richard.

Edited by Brother Jones
  • Like 1

Very interested, but won't have the cash for a couple of weeks. If this beauty is still here then, would you still be prepared to package it for a courier?

Edited by Conan

• 2 weeks later...