Why become a member? ×

**WITHDRAWN PLEASE CLOSE** 1977 Fender Precision Bass - Natural Ash/BadassII
£1800
Edinburgh, UK

Edenburgh

Edit 11 May **Temporarily withdrawn from sale**

**EDIT 17 April : Price dropped to £1600.  Also, I'm often up and down between Edinburgh and Manchester so a meet up in either city or somewhere along the M8/M74/M6 is also possible***

I guess it's ok to call this 'vintage' at 42 years old. I'm selling because this is playing second place to my '74 these days and really not getting out as much as it deserves - and I have my eye on something.  Pickguard still has the matching serial number sticker underneath. It's got a Badass II fitted - the one with the three pre-cast string grooves. The original bridge, bridge screws and bridge cover are included with the sale.  There is a non-original pickup cover also included. When you look closely you can see some of the dinks that have been picked up over the years but the natural finish disguises it well.  A previous owner had put a hole (presumably for thumb rest) which has been filled but still visible. The back of the neck has been very lightly sanded which helps avoid the stickiness you get with '70s varnish and sweaty hands. The neck is quite narrow at the nut for a precision (1 & 11/16 inches) - not quite jazz narrow but certainly narrower that on a 50's or 60's P-Bass - is this what they call a 'B'-width neck?.    

As a result of it's thicker base plate, the Badass II bridge required a shim for the neck in order to keep the action low - professionally fitted by Robert Mould at GuitarGuitar Edinburgh - this is a totally reversible modification.  Includes a flight case.   According to the bathroom scales, it weighs 10.5lbs.    Ideally looking for face to face sale - if you are in Edinburgh, please pop over, have a coffee and try it out.

Front.jpg

back.jpg

badassII.jpg

headstock.jpg

headstockrear.jpg

parts.jpg

frontclose.jpg

shim.jpg

Edited by Edenburgh
Price Drop
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...