Why become a member? ×

Music shops in Brussels

Apeneck Sweeney

I live in Belgium but I'm afraid you won't find a lot...Where there used to be some shops worthwhile there is imo nothing left..

Unlike other European cities Brussels misses these kind of bass orientated shops...There are a couple of shops but they show nothing special (couple of Fenders, Ibanez, Yamaha stuck between a drum kit and a keyboard).

We used to have a bass-shop in Antwerp but that closed down as soon as the internet became competition...

59 minutes ago, wombatboter said:

I live in Belgium but I'm afraid you won't find a lot...Where there used to be some shops worthwhile there is imo nothing left..

Unlike other European cities Brussels misses these kind of bass orientated shops...There are a couple of shops but they show nothing special (couple of Fenders, Ibanez, Yamaha stuck between a drum kit and a keyboard).

We used to have a bass-shop in Antwerp but that closed down as soon as the internet became competition...

Thanks. That’s a shame. I’ll have to default to my usual sifting through vinyl instead.

ps I’m still enjoying the fretless Maruszczyk Frog though there’s a Wal on here that’s got my attention.

Yes, there’s some great looking basses there. Unfortunately it’ll probably be too awkward to arrange a time as I’m unlikely to know in advance when I can excuse myself from parenting duties. I do have 3 days though so may drop them a line. 

This just the sort of info I was hoping to find here.

Thanks everyone.

On 11/04/2019 at 18:50, ezbass said:

Bassfreaks is in Brussels, although I don’t know if it’s a shop in the classic sense as viewing is by appointment only. https://bassfreaks.net/pages/about-us @pierreganseman who runs it is a member here.

I managed to find a free hour to go and visit Pierre. It turned out to be only a 12  minute cycle ride away from where I’m staying. It was good to actually get my hands on one of the basses I’d looked at and also try out some other great instruments. I highly recommend getting in touch with him if you find yourself in Brussels.

• Like 1