Mikkel-S

*SOLD*1968 Fender Coronado Bass I *SOLD*
£1700
Denmark

A bit unsure of letting this superb bass go - but it just doesn't get enough attention from me. 

Its a 1968 Fender Coronado Bass I - a rare sight. This bass was apparently made for a trade fair as a show piece - it has the "Special" engraved on the back of the headstock. 

Its well kept for its age and this old lady just plays perfectly. It has gotten new frets a few years ago and also a new bone nut. Other than that - all original. 

The neck is just a joy to touch and play. Very easy to play and capable of low action (which is pretty rare also on these old basses). 

The original pickup has those separate magnets that you can adjust the string volume on which is a cool feature. Controls are as simple as Volume and tone. Currently strung with Daddario Black Nylon Flats but will include a set of Labella medium scale flats for that perfect fit on this bass. 

The bass is healthy, the truss works 100%, tuners are stable and the bridge works as it should. The bridge has lost its "F" inlay - which is normal on these models. Try and google pictures :) 

Bass is 30" scale / short scale. 

I have NO case - but lets discuss a solution for this if you're interested in the bass. Im sure we can work something out! (I have and old Rockbag for the bass which I can include also). 

Price is 1550£ / 1800€ and I am open to trades. A vintage Mustang or a nice 34" scale 4 string could be interesting. (Can add money towards the right trade). 

Bass is located in Denmark. And I am experienced in shipping instruments ;)

j2NG3LV.jpg

HiPV4Fh.jpg

oKGnItO.jpg

GhXyOka.jpg

sywqTNy.jpg

IVLDGVE.jpg

bEUhxug.jpg

46Q9aiR.jpg

t9gI5Uc.jpg

qAuQJJ9.jpg

FlBStVT.jpg

7eArmAw.jpg

Edited by Mikkel-S
Sold!
  • Like 3

cool bass... 

On 11/04/2019 at 10:06, Mikkel-S said:

And I am experienced in shipping instruments ;)

Yes. I can vouch for Mikkel. The bass he sold me was packed so thoroughly it could be considered bulletproof!

• Like 1

Very cool looking vintage instrument :)
How does it compare to the modern take on this bass?
It looks in great condition for a 1968 bass :o

2 hours ago, Marc S said:

Very cool looking vintage instrument :)
How does it compare to the modern take on this bass?
It looks in great condition for a 1968 bass :o

Hey Marc, 

I haven't tried the new version on this - also, only have seen it with the 2 pickup configuration. 

Honestly its one of the best hollow body basses I have owned.. (and I have owned vintage Rivoli, EB-2's, Hofners etc).. 

Sounds amazing really and plays just perfect. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Fender Coronado Bass ll 1967 
      Cool old 60s Fender Coronado ll. It is a pretty wildwood/natural example. The front looks more natural, while the back has more figuring. The neck is dated August 1967.
      Pictures:

As you can see this bass has seen a lot of action. There are damages and user marks all over the place. On the back a gap at the binding has been filled up with glue. The neck has this sweet played in feel; the wear on the back of it is just how the ideal relic custom shop fender looks like ;). I'd say the neck profile feels like a jazz bass. 
      Its a fun bass to play, especially since set up with thomastik flats. This Coronado has an instant 60s vibe, but the TI flats give enough clarity for a little more allround sound.
      The neck is straight and the truss rod works both ways without any problem. The electronics work except from the tone knob of the neck pickup. That's something to look at... or not. 
      The original Victoria case is included. The case is in reasonable shape for its age. It misses one latch and the handle has been attached with wire since broken. 
      I think this is a lovely bass, but found out quickly that it's just too much of a 60s tone for my needs. So I strung up my epiphone thunderbird vintage pro with ghs precision flats last week, and am very exited with this vintage/modern midway. 
      Asking €1.850 (£1.650)
      The bass is located in the Netherlands, but can be shipped insured within europe/UK at buyers risk . 
      Trades/partial trades are considered. Im especially interested in a good Stingray (ideally maple fretboard, lacquered neck, 2eq), a nice fretless, or a modulus flea, fender am deluxe dimension (hh)... 
    • By SurroundedByManatees
      Gibson SB-450 
      Cool and rare Gibson from the '70s. Apparently less then 1.000 were made, so there aren't too many of them around. 
      Pictures:

As you can see from the pictures, the bass has been used. It has a lot of user marks and finish checking all over. The bridge has been replaced (original one in poor condition is still there), as well as the truss rod cover. It should be mentioned that the plastic cover of the bridge pickup has broken at the point where the adjustment screw enters. Someone tried to melt it together again, but its still loose. I've set the hight, and left it this way. 
      Further this bass is in good functional condition. The neck is straight and all hardware and electronics function like they should. 
      This bass plays and sounds great. It has an open, clear and full punchy sound. Not what is usually expected from a Gibson. It's also a very light instrument; my kitchen scale says it's only 3,35 kilos! 
      The original hardcase is included. 
      Asking €1.100 (approx £975)
      Trades are welcome; I am especially interested in a stingray. Ideally a 2eq with lacquered neck, maple fretboard, honeyburst..
    • By hooky_lowdown
      Hofner Shorty (30 inch) in jet black gloss. Basswood body, maple and rosewood neck. High mass bridge. In very good overall condition, a few small dings and scratches commensurate with age. Upgraded Diego soapbar humbucking pickup from Germany. Flatwound strings. Comes with Hofner gig bag.
      £100 + £20 postage to UK Mainland only.

• By paulmcnamara
      Fender Marine Layer Reverb, bought from Andertons 4 weeks ago. Absolutely brand new, used twice in lockdown, now surplus as I have acquired a Plethora X5.
      A brilliant pedal particularly for fretless playing with its variation and control. Has a very clever instant battery change door that flips down!
      Blurb:
      3 Reverb types - hall, room, special Each reverb type has 2 variations for maximum versatility Control over reverb time, damping, pre-delay and level Effect tails continue when pedal is bypassed for a smooth performance Lets you achieve all manner of reverbs, from slap-back, subtle room ambience, through to huge atmospheric halls and 'shimmer'. So, save on a new one. Insured post at cost.