Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*1968 Fender Coronado Bass I *SOLD*
£1700
Denmark

Mikkel-S

A bit unsure of letting this superb bass go - but it just doesn't get enough attention from me. 

Its a 1968 Fender Coronado Bass I - a rare sight. This bass was apparently made for a trade fair as a show piece - it has the "Special" engraved on the back of the headstock. 

Its well kept for its age and this old lady just plays perfectly. It has gotten new frets a few years ago and also a new bone nut. Other than that - all original. 

The neck is just a joy to touch and play. Very easy to play and capable of low action (which is pretty rare also on these old basses). 

The original pickup has those separate magnets that you can adjust the string volume on which is a cool feature. Controls are as simple as Volume and tone. Currently strung with Daddario Black Nylon Flats but will include a set of Labella medium scale flats for that perfect fit on this bass. 

The bass is healthy, the truss works 100%, tuners are stable and the bridge works as it should. The bridge has lost its "F" inlay - which is normal on these models. Try and google pictures :) 

Bass is 30" scale / short scale. 

I have NO case - but lets discuss a solution for this if you're interested in the bass. Im sure we can work something out! (I have and old Rockbag for the bass which I can include also). 

Price is 1550£ / 1800€ and I am open to trades. A vintage Mustang or a nice 34" scale 4 string could be interesting. (Can add money towards the right trade). 

Bass is located in Denmark. And I am experienced in shipping instruments ;)

j2NG3LV.jpg

HiPV4Fh.jpg

oKGnItO.jpg

GhXyOka.jpg

sywqTNy.jpg

IVLDGVE.jpg

bEUhxug.jpg

46Q9aiR.jpg

t9gI5Uc.jpg

qAuQJJ9.jpg

FlBStVT.jpg

7eArmAw.jpg

Edited by Mikkel-S
Sold!
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

cool bass... 

On 11/04/2019 at 10:06, Mikkel-S said:

And I am experienced in shipping instruments ;)

Yes. I can vouch for Mikkel. The bass he sold me was packed so thoroughly it could be considered bulletproof!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc S said:

Very cool looking vintage instrument :)
How does it compare to the modern take on this bass?
It looks in great condition for a 1968 bass :o

Hey Marc, 

I haven't tried the new version on this - also, only have seen it with the 2 pickup configuration. 

Honestly its one of the best hollow body basses I have owned.. (and I have owned vintage Rivoli, EB-2's, Hofners etc).. 

Sounds amazing really and plays just perfect. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...