Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Original Trace Elliot SMX400 bass amp head.
£185
Coseley

I’m not going to blow my own trumpet but play bass. I was seventy yesterday and have realised I can’t lift this around anymore. I was going to pack it in last NYE but can’t give it up.
I have reluctantly succumb to wanting a smaller class D amp and having to grit my teeth on stage as I hate them (just me) 
IMO the original TE was the most innovative company in the history of bass amplification. Big sound, good thump, good slap sound. You can get almost anything. Study the knobs and work the spec out. Tube/Solid State blend control, compression etc.
The fan sounds but not loud.
You get the full Trace 400 with this. I thought the AH250 was the battleship but this is an aircraft carrier.
In nice condition and excellent working order.
Welcome to try/test here before you buy. You won’t be disappointed.

Geoff : 01902833173 Coseley, West Midlands

98D682B0-0E22-41C9-9ADA-3D7560B3EEEA.jpeg

C68089D9-65BB-4B64-A65B-AFAEB00D7CCD.jpeg

D7E83526-5658-4248-8B01-20C9E6CA6EF9.jpeg

8013878D-AEDA-4B15-87BB-F3E7E8BAE25C.jpeg

EFB90DFD-DE64-44CE-ABBB-1ACB2ABB6CCF.jpeg

E84BB365-42A3-4D10-ABD9-F98D4A51636B.jpeg

Edited by geoff90guitar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, geoff90guitar said:

I have reluctantly succumb to wanting a smaller class D amp and having to grit my teeth on stage as I hate them (It's not just me) 

Fixed...I haven't found one that's impressed me sufficiently to keep hold of it. There have been a couple I've thought about but at the end of the day none have had a comparable tonal palette to my faithful Trace Elliots.

400w of TE power for £185 is an absolute steal - people are bound to question whether you are associated with Cash Converters in some way.

At the age of 70? Na, I’ve been going round in circles for the past xx .years.

I love Trace. 1x15 and 2x10 but I can hardly lift them now so I’ve gone Genz Benz cabs.

I like to sell stuff at a good price to others, what I’d like to pay. Always been the same, not greedy. I think Ive lost about £1k over the last couple of years. Daft innit but I follow my mom, she can never make her mind up. I’ve had the best many times and sold it. My 77 Stingray went for £1k several years ago.

It took me 25 years on lead guitar to get MY sound. Swapped many a pre CBS Strat when they were £350. Ended up with 62 Strat and a Musicman RD50 better than 65, 1x12 with e/v speaker. Fat sounding guitar through toppy amp, perfect.

..no nothing to do with Cash Converters, just me!

• Like 1

I cannot believe there is a better way to spend £185 quid (other than on Ghost Ship). Seriously an amazing amp, looks to be in great condition and enough beans to start and finish a small war. UV tube to nullify any mosquitos too. What's not to like?

• Like 1