Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Portsmouth

Dobsyuk

Hey Guys,

I'm Lloyd, i am 28 and from Pompey. I have been playing on and off since I was 13.

I have a Fender MIM 50's road-worn precision in Sunburst + recently picked up a crafted in Japan Fender Mustang so I can twinkle around with a shorter scale.

I usually play more indie rock kinda stuff but recently have gotten into playing more motown and classics to improve my playing and way of thinking.

I am currently looking around for a Jazz bass but nothing special so if anyone has some suggestions that won't break the bank please let us know (also doesn't have to be Fender either) - I have recently been looking at SX Jazz Bass's (vintage series) as have read a lot that they are a bit better than a Squier, so wondering if people had any more info on those! (i am a big fan of the band Khruangbin and Laura Lee uses one which had me intrigued) 

Cheers guys 😁

• Like 2

Hey Lloyd, welcome to BassChat. Enjoyed reading your introduction and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. 

I'm sure you'll be able to find a jazz bass in the marketplace cheap enough but still quality enough to not need another anytime soon.... Keeping the band and the old wallet strings at ease 😉👌🏻

Hope to see you around

Big Smoke

On 10/04/2019 at 21:04, bigsmokebass said:

Hey Lloyd, welcome to BassChat. Enjoyed reading your introduction and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. 

I'm sure you'll be able to find a jazz bass in the marketplace cheap enough but still quality enough to not need another anytime soon.... Keeping the band and the old wallet strings at ease 😉👌🏻

Hope to see you around

Big Smoke

Hey Big Smoke!

i'll have a dig on the marketplace section and see what i can find!

Cheers!

Lloyd