Why become a member? ×

NCD - Trace Elliot Elf 1x10

jimbartlett

Just had this cab delivered, it’s fantastic. I wanted a smaller stage footprint from using my 1x15 Ashdown but this is ridiculous! A great punchy sound, goes really loud and I’m only using it as my monitor because I DI into our PA but i reckon it’s easy enough for a small gig without PA support. Two of these would be awesome.

Really impressed with this cab, highly recommend checking one out!

Sorry about the amp overhang in the picture.....

637FC963-6A62-4FB7-A710-4E8E17697A91.jpeg

• Like 7

• 2 years later...

Just resurrecting this (rather) old thread. I only just became aware of these cabs - they had an Elf 208 in my local PMT in Cardiff.
I didn't ask to hear the cab, and I really wish I had.

I only found the Elf 1x10 when searching for the specs for the 208, and I was amazed at how lightweight the 1x10 is.
Currently, I use a rather nice Epifani UL1x10 and a Greenboy Crazy8 (sometimes use them together)
But I wish I knew someone local who had the Trace 1x10, so I could compare it with my Epifani

All this is because no matter how lightweight + compact my gear is.... I'm always looking for something ever more compact & lightweight :) 
Anyone on here compared the Trace 1x10 with other 1x10 cabs?

I’ve not compared but just an update, I’m still using the trace elf 1x10 combo and it is fantastic. I play in a 6 piece ska band and it keeps up no problem. At gigs, a DI is taken out into the pa and the elf is my onstage monitor. Simple, light and quick setup.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimbartlett said:

I’ve not compared but just an update, I’m still using the trace elf 1x10 combo and it is fantastic. I play in a 6 piece ska band and it keeps up no problem. At gigs, a DI is taken out into the pa and the elf is my onstage monitor. Simple, light and quick setup.

Thanks again for your thoughts @jimbartlett
The 1x10 does have some fans who've posted YouTube videos. I'm quite tempted to go for the 1x10 cab - as it's even lighter than my Epifani
Perhaps even use it along with my Epifani, for those louder gigs. Must try to get to hear one.

• Like 1

Just a quick update, and to say thanks @jimbartlett
I went back to my local PMT the other day and had a listen to the Elf 1x10, and I really liked it - So I bought it :)

Took it to a rehearsal that same afternoon, and it sounded great with my EUB and bass guitar.
I can't get over how much punch it has, what a great range of sounds it can produce (EUB and BG were set up with very, very different EQ's). Although there's no tweeter, it produced some really sweet higher frequencies when needed.

Moreover, although I've got other compact lightweight cabs - the Elf 1x10 is so light & compact, it's lighter than any of my others. The built-in solid handle is great too.
I've got a few gigs coming up this month, and the Elf is going to be a real boon - especially at one festival where I know I'm going to be parked some way from the venue.
I can do all my acoustic duos (and some of the trios) in one trip from the car now. 

Thanks all for your thoughts. One very happy Elf owner here :) 

• Like 4