Why become a member? ×

Pop up ads

Oldman

Question

Why am I getting infuriating pop up’s, top, bottom every which way. It’s annoying to say the least. Can I switch them off or do I need to deploy an “ad blocker” every time I visit basschat? Basschat is (to me) a valuable mine of information and comment which I enjoy and have done since joining. 

Brian

• Like 1

Now then, you have the advantage of placing your comments before mine and out of chronological order and removing content as you see fit. Like, I’m sure, other users, I don’t read absolutely everything the ‘Mods’ post. I never picked up on “they weren’t actually permanent”. You saw fit to take me on when you really didn’t have to, I made my point, you made it personal. I’ll accept the admonishment without getting too fussed, it’s meant to be fun after all and apart from this hissy fit it’s been plain sailing.

Its just banter.... 

12 minutes ago, Oldman said:

Now then, you have the advantage of placing your comments before mine and out of chronological order and removing content as you see fit. Like, I’m sure, other users, I don’t read absolutely everything the ‘Mods’ post. I never picked up on “they weren’t actually permanent”. You saw fit to take me on when you really didn’t have to, I made my point, you made it personal. I’ll accept the admonishment without getting too fussed, it’s meant to be fun after all and apart from this hissy fit it’s been plain sailing.

Its just banter.... 

Posts always appear in chronological order apart from this forum where things can be voted up or down. Even so, you can still change to chronological order if you can find the button (I’ll wait)

Granted you didn’t see the announcement, so I directed you to it straight away. You’d didn’t miss that. 

You took me on with some very rude and disrespectful comments which were completely uncalled for. YOU made it personal. 

It’s not banter. It’s massively rude and I take it really personally when I’m told by someone that I’m purposely putting pop up ads on the site to fleece you. This site is my livelihood which feeds my family and although it might be entertaining for you to speak to me like you did, it’s the last thing I need at the moment with everything I have going on  

As I said I’ll accept an apology. 

Thanks

Just now, Oldman said:

I am suitably sorry and apologise to you for upsetting you with my totally uncalled for comments. 

I didn’t realise this was/is your livelihood.

Is that ok?

Absolutely. Thanks. Just not a good week for me, all things considered. Cheers.