Why become a member? ×

Pop up ads

Oldman

Question

Why am I getting infuriating pop up’s, top, bottom every which way. It’s annoying to say the least. Can I switch them off or do I need to deploy an “ad blocker” every time I visit basschat? Basschat is (to me) a valuable mine of information and comment which I enjoy and have done since joining. 

Brian

• Like 1

Don't be knobs.... He might have missed the announcement, like anything that pops up like "podcasts" we all click off things we're not interested in, adverts included. At least he didn't miss the fact they're still here a week on and still nothing done about them.... 

Correct me if I'm wrong but BassChat officials did say it wasn't going to take long to "get ducks lined up" and have it sorted. So what's the hold up? 🤷🏼‍♂️

6 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

Don't be knobs.... He might have missed the announcement, like anything that pops up like "podcasts" we all click off things we're not interested in, adverts included. At least he didn't miss the fact they're still here a week on and still nothing done about them.... 

Correct me if I'm wrong but BassChat officials did say it wasn't going to take long to "get ducks lined up" and have it sorted. So what's the hold up? 🤷🏼‍♂️

In order for the ads to be adjusted to our requirements we need to leave them alone for a while before we can make changes to how they display. Something to do with procuring bids for them by our advertising partner. If they really bother you that much feel free to use an ad blocker. 

• Like 1

At the bottom of my page even as we squeak there is a Boots ad, that’s Boots the Pharma Giant... WTF. And now it’s gone.

Why don’t you just come out with it, and tell us you’ve gone all commercial FFS?

1 hour ago, ped said:

In order for the ads to be adjusted to our requirements we need to leave them alone for a while before we can make changes to how they display. Something to do with procuring bids for them by our advertising partner. If they really bother you that much feel free to use an ad blocker. 

Obviously they bother us

1 minute ago, Oldman said:

Obviously they bother us

I think you’ve made your point. Install an ad blocker. Luckily the vast majority of the membership are actually reading what I’m posting about it and know that they won’t be here for long and you’ll have to bear with us for a few weeks. Hardly the end of the world, considering how I also have a baby and a job to deal with as well as maintaining, updating and securing a website that’s mostly free to use. 

You’ve been here since 2009. Is it too much to ask that you give me the benefit of doubt and see the bigger picture for one second? 

7 minutes ago, Oldman said:

At the bottom of my page even as we squeak there is a Boots ad, that’s Boots the Pharma Giant... WTF. And now it’s gone.

Why don’t you just come out with it, and tell us you’ve gone all commercial FFS?

You got me. Ever since 2001 the plan has been to install a Boots pop up ad 🙄

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Oldman said:

You should install ad blocker, it will keep your browsing experience ad free. 

It basically does the same as Nivea No7 does for spots!  Available at your local Boots retailer!

:lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ped said:

I think you’ve made your point. Install an ad blocker. Luckily the vast majority of the membership are actually reading what I’m posting about it and know that they won’t be here for long and you’ll have to bear with us for a few weeks. Hardly the end of the world, considering how I also have a baby and a job to deal with as well as maintaining, updating and securing a website that’s mostly free to use. 

You’ve been here since 2009. Is it too much to ask that you give me the benefit of doubt and see the bigger picture for one second? 

Ok, one second, not an hour more 🐣. I dealt with babies, jobs, gigs and all kinds of stuff back when, so you have a smidgin of sympathy.

7 hours ago, charic said:

You should install ad blocker, it will keep your browsing experience ad free. 

It basically does the same as Nivea No7 does for spots!  Available at your local Boots retailer!

:lol:

Yep, 🤓