Why become a member? ×

Hi all. Good to be here.

Markjazz

Hi.

My names mark & I'm 46. Been playing since I was around 8ish. 

After a long few years away from playing out live, I've just joined a band of 40 something year young musos & am really looking forward to the first proper get together in a week or so.

My long time bass is a fender jazz from 1997 in sunburst, maple neck which is my number1.

Amp wise it's a new 800watt fender rumble D class amp & fender 4x10. I'm gonna be heard that's for sure! 

Pictures to follow.

Anyway. Thanks for having me hear in your bass community, I've already had a good smile at some the witty comments that's been posted, ah bass players have such good humour. 😁

Markjazz 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Markjazz said:

Hi.

My names mark & I'm 46. Been playing since I was around 8ish.  

Anyway. Thanks for having me hear in your bass community, I've already had a good smile at some the witty comments that's been posted, ah bass players have such good humour. 😁

Markjazz 

That’s not fair. I started at 07:15 this morning and am still not in a band!

Welcome. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, bigsmokebass said:

Hi mark, welcome to BassChat.

Some cool gear and pleased to hear you're still playing and in a band, we hope you enjoy playing as much as rocking, we hope to hear more from you and your ventures. 

Big Smoke

Thanks bigsmokebass. Our first rehearsal has been possibly brought forward from next Thursday to this sat afternoon, gonna be awesome! I've yet to get some pictures of my bass & rig here v soon.

I'm sure there will be adventures & ventures. Just finding my way round here & I'll start contributing.

Markjazz

9 minutes ago, Markjazz said:

Thanks bigsmokebass. Our first rehearsal has been possibly brought forward from next Thursday to this sat afternoon, gonna be awesome! I've yet to get some pictures of my bass & rig here v soon.

I'm sure there will be adventures & ventures. Just finding my way round here & I'll start contributing.

Markjazz

That's always good news! Got to get that ball rolling and start making those millions.... Just don't be like the rest of us and blow it all on the marketplace here 😂🙇🏼‍♂️

Definitely looking forward to hearing more from you Mark and feel free to explore the forum, plenty to join in on and get your hands dirty with. 

Big Smoke

• Thanks 1

Hi, I’m a bass fanatic, been playing since I was 12( I’m 43 now)....

i currently have a music man 20 anniversary stingray, Warwick infinity 4 string, fender jazz aerodyne, pedulla buzz 4 string playing through a small mark bass combo as I don’t gig at the moment...

when I was gigging I used a trace ah 500 through a 4x10 Mesa boogie cab which was absolutely awesome..I can’t stand farty speakers and the boogie never ever misbehaved.... I’ve owned most serious basses in the past but have slimmed the collection down from 20 to 4 basses and 2 Gibson les Paul’s(investments and the urge to learn a little)

I've started to feel the urge to acquire a Bernie Goodfellow bass which I will make my next addition when I find one....

Keen to get back involved👍    Speak soon... Sam

9 hours ago, Sam kemp said:

Hi, I’m a bass fanatic, been playing since I was 12( I’m 43 now)....

i currently have a music man 20 anniversary stingray, Warwick infinity 4 string, fender jazz aerodyne, pedulla buzz 4 string playing through a small mark bass combo as I don’t gig at the moment...

when I was gigging I used a trace ah 500 through a 4x10 Mesa boogie cab which was absolutely awesome..I can’t stand farty speakers and the boogie never ever misbehaved.... I’ve owned most serious basses in the past but have slimmed the collection down from 20 to 4 basses and 2 Gibson les Paul’s(investments and the urge to learn a little)

I've started to feel the urge to acquire a Bernie Goodfellow bass which I will make my next addition when I find one....

Keen to get back involved👍    Speak soon... Sam

Hi Sam. Really nice to hear from you.

I love the basses you have, I  really would like a Warwick thumb eventually.

4x10 s are just excellent in my opinion, can't beat them. When I was last gigging sorta seriously I was using a harke 500 watt amp & 8x10 harke cab, such a pure sound, just a b*#llache to move!

I've always used my trustie fender jazz, but also have fender p bass from 1978, absolutely prestine condition, though I don't take it out as it was my late step dad's.

Hope you get back into again soon Sam.

Mark

On 12/04/2019 at 19:13, Markjazz said:

Good choice...I was far too precious with my Rumour though. If you ever own one I think you'll see why.