Why become a member? ×

The Rumble filter in the Paradriver V2?

dave_bass5

36 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Just wondering if its anything like a HPF, and if so what its set at?

@Lozz196 I believe you have used one 🙂

I think it's mainly for acoustic guitar, kind of like a hum kill..  not anything like any HPF that I have tried. I never engage the rumble filter when I use an electric bass. (thins things out a little too much  if I remember correctly)=

Lozz maybe has more details.

Edited by Highfox
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

It is a HPF, but as it's not a bass specific pre, it'll be set higher than for example a Thumpinator. I have a figure of 80Hz in my head, no idea if I've remembered that from another thread or just made it up!

Well that's still better than "KFC...with triple gravy!" 😂🤣

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Just wondering if its anything like a HPF, and if so what its set at?

@Lozz196 I believe you have used one 🙂

Yes I’ve got one, I think - and it’s going back a while - I tried this aspect out, I had to then have the bass control on the PD on full to get some low end back (I only use the eq on the PD) but it was a lot more controlled, so yes works much like the Thumpinator. If using the eq on the amp as well I reckon it would keep things nice and tight and focused.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

It is a HPF, but as it's not a bass specific pre, it'll be set higher than for example a Thumpinator. I have a figure of 80Hz in my head, no idea if I've remembered that from another thread or just made it up!

That’s quite high if it is around 80hz. I do have a Thumpinator and a Q/strip, which has a HPF in it, but i want to try and only use one battery powered pedal. 

I got my PD yesterday. I had forgotten how powerful it is. Very happy with it (only used headphones so far). I can see me never using the two filters on bass, nice to have them though. 

One thing that puzzles me is the level knob doesnt turn the audio off when its all the way down. With the Blend off and level at zero i would have thought the audio would be muted, but its still quite loud. This is though both XLR and 1/4 jack. It took me a while to get a volume level that didn’t blow my ears off. With my BDDI the level goes down to almost inaudible. 

Still, very happy with it.....for now. 

On 12/04/2019 at 03:04, dave_bass5 said:

I got my PD yesterday. I had forgotten how powerful it is. Very happy with it (only used headphones so far). I can see me never using the two filters on bass, nice to have them though. 

One thing that puzzles me is the level knob doesnt turn the audio off when its all the way down. With the Blend off and level at zero i would have thought the audio would be muted, but its still quite loud. This is though both XLR and 1/4 jack. It took me a while to get a volume level that didn’t blow my ears off. With my BDDI the level goes down to almost inaudible. 

Still, very happy with it.....for now. 

That is by design. If you're going direct and inadvertently have the level at minimum the sound tech will get some signal and not think there is an issue with the connection.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

All this time travel stuff is very confusing, I need a Doctor lol. 

Don’t suppose there will ever be a programmable PDDI like the BDDI version? Ive found too many good tones in mine,  struggling to choose. 

See @GisserD's just started thread. Affordable digital controls for analogue pedals are on their way. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

All this time travel stuff is very confusing, I need a Doctor lol. 

Don’t suppose there will ever be a programmable PDDI like the BDDI version? Ive found too many good tones in mine,  struggling to choose. 

No plans to do so in the immediate future. It never hurts to post suggestions on Facebook... If there are enough requests who knows...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Although the PD v2 rumble filter is not designed as a HPF for bass guitars, the unit does have the subsonic filter that all Sansamp products have, so it should not need a thumpinator or something like it to filter out  very low (subsonic) frequencies.  

• Like 1

On 30/04/2019 at 18:55, funkydoug said:

Although the PD v2 rumble filter is not designed as a HPF for bass guitars, the unit does have the subsonic filter that all Sansamp products have, so it should not need a thumpinator or something like it to filter out  very low (subsonic) frequencies.  

Sorry, just seen this. Thanks for the info, thats good to know. 

On 09/04/2019 at 20:21, dannybuoy said:

80 Hz is very high. There is no spec on the Thumpinator so it is hard to guess but I suspect it is something below 50 Hz.