Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: Wal Mk1 1983
£3850
London

rev_maximus

[Price reduced to £3500 and open to offers]

Hi 

After some careful deliberation i have decided to sell my lovely Mk1 (lined fretless). I purchased this secondhand circa 1995 and it was my primary guitar for several years - gigging and in and out of the studio. But, as I've gotten older (and kids have come along) it is been used less and less and deserves to go to someone who will give it the love and attention it deserves. I am new to this forum so not sure of all the etiquette around selling, but I live in North London and would be happy to entertain visits if someone lived locally and wanted to try it out. (I have a SWR Redhead from back in the day)

As expected, it has a mahogany core but with elm facings. There are a few scuffs on the body, although the lacquer along the neck is intact. Two screws are missing from the back plate. (It was last set up about 18 months ago, so the strings are equally as old, but i have hardly had it out the case in that time.) Hard case included in the sale, but it is not the original one.

When sold i would prefer it collected rather than shipped, but can negotiate that as necessary.

Wal Mk1 - 1.jpg

Wal Mk 1 - 6.jpg

Wal Mk 1 - 9.jpg

Wal mk 1 - 10.jpg

Wal MK 1 - 11.jpg

Wal Mk 1 - 12.jpg

Wal Mk1 - 4.jpg

Wal Mk1 - 5.jpg

Wal MK1 - 13.jpg

Wal Mk1 - 2.jpg

Wal Mk 1 - 7.jpg

Edited by rev_maximus
Price reduction - £3500
  • Like 10

Probably worth putting "lined fretless" in the description / listing title, though it's evident from pics.

Never seen an elm faced one before, an almost unobtainable wood now in Europe. Gives it that "Ercol" look!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the sale - lovely Wal :i-m_so_happy:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Probably worth putting "lined fretless" in the description / listing title, though it's evident from pics.

Never seen an elm faced one before, an almost unobtainable wood now in Europe. Gives it that "Ercol" look!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the sale - lovely Wal :i-m_so_happy:

Me neither @Shaggy.. Live and learn! 

That's a great looking Mk1 Custom btw..

GLWTS 

Lovely bass.  I'd buy it myself if I didn't already own one of its brothers. 

I just copied your add to the Wal Facebook page; hope that's alright.  There are a mix of collector types there ( who want perfect shiny with spotless gold hardware ) numerous Tool fans ( who want frets ) but fretless fans too.  Maybe a better place to specifically sell a Wal.  And no-one will be asking about string spacing then saying " oh that's too wide / narrow for me" 🙂

Good luck with the sale ... but also sorry for your loss.  Mine will have to be prised from my cold dead hands.

Hi

Thanks NickA for forwarding on to the Wal forum. I’m not on Facebook so hopefully they will come here if they have any questions 👍

Yes, it’s a sad day to come to the decision to sell it, but I need to be honest and admit it ain’t getting the lovin’ it deserves from me. 

max 

It could have a neck made of barbed wire, and it would still be worth it for the sound. 😉

anyway ... how is this not sold already??  Have a bump.

Edited by NickA
update

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI all

Apologies for not updating this sooner. I have not sold this and would withdraw it from the site if i could work out how to do it ;) 

After a an interesting journey of reflection - part helped by some Basschat members -  i am now feverishly back in love with my Mk1 and will not be letting it go !

Thanks

M

• ped locked this topic