Why become a member? ×

Legal Advice & Couriers

Hi All,

I'm currently in dispute with a courier company about damage to my flightcased amp whilst in transit for a service. I wondered if there were any recommendations about any legal firms that have been particularly good in the past in supporting anyone with this type of route?  Bit of a long shot, but thought I'd ask the community before dialing a few local random numbers.....not overly hopeful of a positive outcome but thought I'd see.

Thanks very much,

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear about your situation @Salt on your Bass?

Having had to handle a couple of disputes in recent years with courier companies, I'd say it's cheaper - though not necessarily easier - to deal with it yourself..

However, if you have any legal cover in your home insurance policy then it'll be worth investigating that and then trying to go down that route.

Best of luck with it!

• Like 1

Fretmeister is right - this is my day job and it is usually not cost-effective for a law firm to deal with claims under £10k. That said, you can always get them to advise on the legal position (i.e. what the contract terms mean, what your prospects are etc) and do it yourself afterwards. 

You may also have legal expenses cover via your home insurance too. 

• Like 1