Why become a member? ×

Erm, wife just found new bass.

bubinga5

Have you used the 'won it in the annual Basschat charity raffle' excuse yet?

We could actually start a fake thread to 'prove' that such events are a regular occurrence for frequenters of these forums. Maybe have a word with one of the mods to see if it would be possible to back date it....

:ph34r:

Edited by Cato
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Cato said:

Have you used the 'won it in the annual Basschat charity raffle' excuse yet?

We could actually start a fake thread to 'prove' that such events are a regular occurrence for frequenters of these forums. Maybe have a word with one of the mods to see if it would be possible to back date it....

:ph34r:

This sounds like a fantastic idea :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

So i bought a Lakland Jazz. Shouldn't have done really because im a little skint now. Put it in my case. Then the wife has just found it. Ive yet to go home explain it all away. Doh. 

Don't listen to the liars on here. Tell her the truth, and all about how you really feel.

Then come back and let us know how you got on! 😬

• Haha 6

Know the feeling. In the past (in fact last week) I had to conceal my new bass in the car until such a time as she was out of earshot upon whence I pulled the box into the garage where I quietly unboxed my quarry. 

Later I sneaked it into the house where, once in the 'man cave', it received not a mention or glance.

Then she found the box in the garage!

Nah she's OK with it really, she's never begrudged my spending but I still hide things like that because I feel embarrassed I guess. Especially when I know she spends an awful lot of her hard earned on our little boy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ped said:

Know the feeling. In the past (in fact last week) I had to conceal my new bass in the car until such a time as she was out of earshot upon whence I pulled the box into the garage where I quietly unboxed my quarry. 

Later I sneaked it into the house where, once in the 'man cave' it received not a mention or glance.

Nah she's OK with it really, she's never begrudged my spending but I still hide things like that because I feel embarrassed I guess. Especially when I know she spends an awful lot of her hard earned on our little boy.

But we have to do it Ped, the 'Gods of Bass' force us to against our will......

Well that's what I tell Swmbo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ped said:

Later I sneaked it into the house where, once in the 'man cave', it received not a mention or glance.

You mean you didn't immediately crush the box and then put it at the bottom of the recycling box? FAIL!

• Like 1

Just now, Daz39 said:

You mean you didn't immediately crush the box and then put it at the bottom of the recycling box? FAIL!

Nope I lazily propped it up right next to the recycling bin! Dead giveaway!

• Haha 2

Too late. I had to go with the "It was the best bargain I've ever seen on BassChat angle..  Which was true to an extent. 

She said she wasn't angry but disappointed I hid something from her. Which is worse in my experienced disappointed book. The anger is short and sharp, the disappointment drags on. 

Edited by bubinga5

My wife used to try on the old, "I've had that dress in the wardrobe for years, it's just that I've never worn it" trick!

I'll usually tell my wife if there is a bass that I'm interested in. I'll list all the reasons why this new bass would be better than what I've got. She doesn't understand a word, listens like she does and usually ends by telling me, "If you think it's that good, get it".

Mostly, by the time I've finished talking through all the points I've decided to keep the old one.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

Too late. I had to go with the "It was the best bargain I've ever seen on BassChat angle..  Which was true to an extent. 

She said she wasn't angry but disappointed I hid something from her. Which is worse in my experienced disappointed book. The anger is short and sharp, the disappointment drags on. 

Ahhhh, the bitter sting of the 'disappointed look'.  The doghouse for you m'lad.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Ahhhh, the bitter sting of the 'disappointed look'.  The doghouse for you m'lad.

Yep - you'll not be living that one down; it may even come back in slightly terse conversations with in-laws when you mistakenly think you've bested them in a field of expertise like gardening, crockery collecting or having a room for best.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, bubinga5 said:

She's mentioned selling it.. But Im not going to fall for her mind game sorcery.  think i will hide it again. But better.

Hah. Wait until the tactic becomes: 'Fine. Don't sell it, I'm not bothered really.'

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

All the comic replies aside, have to say this post puzzles me.  I wondered if it was tongue in cheek but it appears not.

So you are skint but bought a new bass, leaving you more skint?   Did not having the bass mean you weren't able to gig and earn money?   I'm not getting that impression.  But in any case, for me honesty and trust are two of the most important things in a relationship and you clearly have broken both of these with an exceptionally selfish act.   Anything that happens as a result of it is your own fault.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Paul S said:

All the comic replies aside, have to say this post puzzles me.  I wondered if it was tongue in cheek but it appears not.

So you are skint but bought a new bass, leaving you more skint?   Did not having the bass mean you weren't able to gig and earn money?   I'm not getting that impression.  But in any case, for me honesty and trust are two of the most important things in a relationship and you clearly have broken both of these with an exceptionally selfish act.   Anything that happens as a result of it is your own fault.

I wouldn't take it too seriously Paul. And skint is not literal.  Its not really serious and for sure tongue and cheek. Im not getting a divorce over a bit of wood and metal.. 

• Haha 2