Why become a member? ×

Gator gig bag bargain?

Pinball

Hi, I just thought I would put this link up as it seems a good deal. They seem to be well under half price and a lot of bag for the £49. I ordered one of these at the weekend so fingers crossed that it is :)

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/GPX-BASS-Gator-Pro-Go-X-Series-Gig-Bag-for-Bass-Guitars/2SSL?utm_campaign=bEngine - Gator&utm_medium=paid_search&network=google&adgroup=65792893099&matchtype=b&utm_term=%2Bgpx %2Bbass %2Bgator %2Bpro %2Bgo&device=c&creative=333267352062&adposition=2o1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI85_t3abA4QIV7ZztCh2WCgdxEAMYASAAEgKrjPD_BwE

Edited by Pinball
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Seems to be a direct competitor to the Mono Sleeve, at less than half the price and no doubt of comparable quality. They also seem to have taken the clip/flap idea from the Mono Sleeve but, at first glance, it looks to be a bit better executed. Love Gator!

• Like 1

I have two of these.  They are the usual Gator quality. Decent neck bracing for angled headstocks too, unlike the Mono Sleeve.  You can also fit more into the front pocket.  They aren't top loading though.

There's also a fabric version in black, grey or tan, but this one is finished in the same material as the Gator Pro Go range, so feels a bit more durable.

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Microbass said:

the bag pictured is the Transit bag so I'm a little stumped! Any thoughts? Or am I wrong? 

It's a Pro Go X

preview.jpg

This is the Transit.preview_1.jpg

The only real differencesa are the external material finish, a slightly less sculpted shape, and that there are no D rings on the Pro Go X.  Oh, and that it's half the price ;)

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 1

I was looking for a "cheap and functional bag" a few days bag and the GT's was also down in price at £55 and are now back at £129 so this one looks like the last of the bargain deals. I couldn't find anything else of that quality at those prices

I currently use one of the Blake gigbags to transport my spare bass and while it was very cheap, is amazing quality and has tons of storage it's also very big, especially for the compact Cort I keep in it. Been on the lookout for something slimmer but similar in quality to my current Pro Go and the Blake so this has come just at the right time for me, thanks for the heads up!

2 hours ago, Microbass said:

I drunkenly just went for it last night as there were 3 left at the time. Figured I can at least sell it for the price I paid if it doesn’t fit my giant basses. 

Anyone looking for a decent cheaper bag, check out the Ibanez PowerPad

If you have really big basses try the Blake ones, you can get most basses in those and they're £49 delivered.

2 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

If you have really big basses try the Blake ones, you can get most basses in those and they're £49 delivered.

I have mine now as it arrived this morning. I'm very pleased with it as it fits my Fender Dimension V (4+1) nicely, nice and light and well made and bought at the price of a 2nd hand gig bag of similar quality...Not much room for larger basses though.

It passes the test of "would you buy it again" with flying colours :)

Ed

Ok managed to unpack mine, it's noticeable flimsier than the normal Pro Go and does seem to lack a lot of the niceties of that case such as the padded vertical handle (it's just a budget strip of webbing on these) and the plush lined front pocket. The straps and retaining mechanism also seem to be a lot cheaper from memory, will need to check when I get home though. Also the latch to secure the flap of the front pocket is a PITA. On the plus side it is nice and slim while offering adequate protection, the front pocket is big enough without making the case too bulky and it's light while being made of durable material.

Still a decent gigbag and well worth the £50 but I would never pay the full price for it (£119 at Gear4Music!!!) when you can get the much better standard Pro Go for about £20 less. The cost saving measures on the Pro Go X make the price look a little silly IMO as you can get more for less within Gator's same range of gigbags....

I'm glad I got it for £50 though and will be using it to carry my spare bass around in for sure.

55 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

Still a decent gigbag and well worth the £50 but I would never pay the full price for it (£119 at Gear4Music!!!) when you can get the much better standard Pro Go for about £20 less. The cost saving measures on the Pro Go X make the price look a little silly IMO as you can get more for less within Gator's same range of gigbags...

I'm glad I got it for £50 though and will be using it to carry my spare bass around in for sure.

Exactly.  A great bag for £50, but there are better options out there at the higher price.  Although I can’t help but think G4M have got their prices a bit squiffy there - no way it should cost more than the Pro Go!

^^ My feelings too.

They could have made the padded shoulder bits shorter and the adjustable bits longer so you could tighten the straps out of the  way - as it is, they tend to dangle if you hand-carry. Pockets aren't great, and the G-clip is dumb. The rotating plastic shoulder clips don't fill me with much confidence, though if they failed you could cut them out and replace with mini rectangular carabiners. 

Protection seems decent though, and I like the bottom boot. £50 is fair, glad I got it, it'll be a nice bag to have around.

Edited by KK Jale

On the train at the moment with my G3 in tow, I’m really happy with this. Very comfortable although the neck sits quite high with the straps as long as possible. I’m not that tall at 5’9” so I’ll be ducking every doorway... it’s the nicest bag I’ve ever had. Always said if I have to pay more than 50-60 then I’d just get a Mono (since I know it fits). 

• 1 month later...