Why become a member? ×

"Custom" bass - RRP £650

I've posted some of this absolute madman's creations before, he's pretty local to me which is something that keeps me up at night. They walk amongst us! I did wonder what happened to that old park bench down my street though, looks like it has now been repurposed.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSTOM-BUILT-DISTRESSED-BASS-GUITAR-by-pro-artist-NEW/273797164271?hash=item3fbf952cef:g:WUQAAOSwCqZcqdyn

Apparently he's a pro artist and the RRP on this is £650 so the start bid is amazingly low, the guy must be crazy! Also forgot to mention he can't solder pots so all his basses are wired straight to the jack, I would also love to see the routing underneath that scratchplate.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Fret markers on the back of the neck, genius!!!!!

s-l1600.jpg

Nuts screwed over the pickup cover just in case playing it becomes too comfortable

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rich said:

£6.50 you say? Well it might be worth it for the parts, perhaps I'll put a bid on.

Hold on... :shok:

The thing is even if it was £6.50 you'd think twice.

I've mentioned before that this guy also used to sell condoms which were past their use by date with the line "I use these myself and they're fine", probably not the best choice of words all things considered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Funnily enough his extremely large stock of autographed pictures (mostly from the a small pool of artists) was brought up last time I put one of his auctions on here. Seems to sell quite a few of them and always has the odd negative feedback from disgruntled buyers who received Lemmy's/Bowie's/Mercury's name signed by this guy:

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by lemmywinks

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:33, lemmywinks said:

Apparently he's a pro artist and the RRP on this is £650

Almost correct. Substitute the "r" and "o" in pro with a couple of other letters (the second repeated) and it would be spot on. How can a "custom" instrument have a RRP, I wonder?

On 08/04/2019 at 15:54, lemmywinks said:

Funnily enough his extremely large stock of autographed pictures (mostly from the a small pool of artists) was brought up last time I put one of his auctions on here. Seems to sell quite a few of them and always has the odd negative feedback from disgruntled buyers who received Lemmy's/Bowie's/Mercury's name signed by this guy:

s-l1600.jpg

Looks like Ronnie Pickering in camo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2