Why become a member? ×

Nemesis day

fleabag

Well then, after  some two-ing and fro-ing with Andy via messaging and telepathy, the wonderful Andy dropped my Nemesis bass off today on his way to a pluck and slap fest bass bashing,  so thanks for the detour Andy.  How refreshing to put a face ( albeit one only a mother could love ) to reams of text over the months.  What a lovely chap.  Mr friendly,  mr patient, mr craftsman.  :)

So, without further ado, and i guess if you've been a nosy bustard and stuck your hooter in the build threads, you've probably already seen it, so this could be a bit of a zzzzzzzzz  for some. Or maybe not .. but here  in all it's glory. Notice i didnt say ' she '  ... It's a bass and it's inanimate, guv

For anyone who missed the spec :

Aaron Armstrong custom build pup. Series / Parallel  Hum cancelling / Single coil with 3 posish switch

250k + 500k switchable

Schaller 3 way adjustable

Unknown Tuners / buttons / string tree

Last piece of English Walnut cut down many many moons ago by Scrumpy Mike's good buddy Merv.  ( top face )

African Sapele ( back face )

Purpleheart Sandwich  filler  ( from Tesco finest range )

Pupleheart pup cover ( which AA built the pup into )

Purpleheart control cover

Sapele ( i think ) knobs with Purpleheart caps and abalone or mop markers

Weight  4.05 KG

I thought my Rally Basso had a fab tone, but this has topped it. Quiet a variable tone monster considering it's a single pupper

EDIT : forgot a full frontal.....

AJR1.jpg

AJR2.jpg

AJR3.jpg

AJR4.jpg

AJR5.jpg

AJR6.jpg

AJR7.jpg

AJR9.jpg

AJR10.jpg

AJR8.jpg

AJR11.jpg

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

Thanks chappies. Yup, a wee bit unusual, but then so am i  :crazy:

Andy did a quick record on his phone while he was here, so if he posts it,  i guess the quality might be suspect , (as my playing will be, ) due to the limitations of mobiles, unless Andy has a real beast of  an iPhone or something !

Edited by fleabag

PS the bass is slightly cropped as i couldnt stand far enough back to get it all in the frame

For the photographers amongst us,  my gear was a  full frame Nikon D610  ( body currently on here for sale if you is interested ) + a  spiffing Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro lens and Meike Speedlite SB950 MKll flash

Edited by fleabag

7 minutes ago, fleabag said:

PS the bass is slightly cropped as i couldnt stand far enough back to get it all in the frame

For the photographers amongst us,  my gear was a  full frame Nikon D610  ( body currently on here for sale if you is interested ) + a  spiffing Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro lens and Meike Speedlite SB950 MKll flash

If only you had a beast of an iPhone, we'd have a few things in the bag 😜

So what's the functions on the electronic board then? Also, how much did this cost overall? I appreciate it's a custom job but food for thought for when I win the lotto 😂

11 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

If only you had a beast of an iPhone, we'd have a few things in the bag 😜

So what's the functions on the electronic board then? Also, how much did this cost overall? I appreciate it's a custom job but food for thought for when I win the lotto 😂

It be this ..

Series / Parallel  Hum cancelling / Single coil with 3 posish switch

250k + 500k switchable

15 hours ago, CameronJ said:

That neck...I want to lick it! Purpleheart & Wenge by any chance?

Nah, Canadian maple and Rosewood board and fillet.  I wouldnt lick it - its full of Andy oil  :)

Edited by fleabag
  • Haha 3

Only just got back from the fabulous SW Basschat Bash but wow - what a review :)

I'll post the clip tomorrow if I can work out how to get the blighter OFF the aforesaid oldish iphone.

And many thanks, once more, to @fleabag for such an interesting project ;)

And hope today's non-bass related challenges went OK, Pete!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andyjr1515 said:

And hope today's non-bass related challenges went OK, Pete!

It was a real pleasure working with ya, matey !

As for today,  bit unusal to have a CT Scan at 7pm in the evening, in fact it was 2 as i had a normal and a contrast where they inject fluid for the 2nd scan.

They weren't a problem but the injections were. I got the veins of a woman and they couldnt get the needles in. The harder it is, the harder they push so they really hurt.  They tried right arm first, then left hand, then left arm.   I've been severely pricked, people 

blood1.jpg

blood2.jpg

Edited by fleabag