Why become a member? ×

Tascam GB-10 Problem

Crusoe

I'm not sure if the issue is with the Tascam or my bass. I only got the device yesterday and when I tried it the bass volume is very low, even with the input turned up full or almost full. Playing recorded music sounds fine but when I try to play along with a song I just can't hear my bass. I tried adjusting the balance but it didn't make much difference. does anyone have any ideas?

10 hours ago, tauzero said:

Have you actually got the input switched on? If you look at the circular switch, there's a little guitar icon at the bottom - press that and see if it improves it. See page 12 of the user manual (available at https://tascam.com/downloads/tascam/526/e_gb-10_om_vb2.pdf). That's caught me out once or twice.

Thanks tauzero. I do have the input turned on. I'm beginning to think it is an input issue of some sort, but quite what I don't know. If I apply an effect it is definitely loud enough but when I turn the effect off it's back to a muddy, low volume. I suspect it might be something to do with gain but don't know if that can be adjusted for the clean signal.

Almost everything I've got is active, and I don't have anything with Jazz wiring, so I can't experiment. Have you tried experimenting with VVT? Everything turned to max, VV turned to max and T to min, neck V to max and bridge V to min and T at max and then min, etc?

3 hours ago, tauzero said:

Almost everything I've got is active, and I don't have anything with Jazz wiring, so I can't experiment. Have you tried experimenting with VVT? Everything turned to max, VV turned to max and T to min, neck V to max and bridge V to min and T at max and then min, etc?

More or less. I've noticed that the neck pup is quite a bit lower than the bridge so I might try raising it a fraction.

• 2 years later...