Why become a member? ×

The Secret Science Of Pop

Happy Jack

Thanks for sharing - looks interesting: the Darwinian evolution of pop! 

...ok I got to the end of it; and for the sake of balance, it wasn't as useful or as good as I thought it was going to be! But I'm sure others will reasonably disagree. 

Edited by Al Krow

Presume you’re referring to that mega expensive, boutique... erm... Squier!

PS there was a Fender further in the background... besides, they were probably all brought along by the production designer, anyway.

Edited by TrevorR

16 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Thanks for sharing - looks interesting: the Darwinian evolution of pop! 

...ok I got to the end of it; and for the sake of balance, it wasn't as useful or as good as I thought it was going to be! But I'm sure others will reasonably disagree. 

Now for me that was part of the beauty of it. Given the set-up, you just knew that they were going to manufacture a hit record by the end of the documentary.

And then it turned out to be a complete failure, it just didn't work at all. It wasn't useful and very little was learned.

How refreshing!

1 minute ago, Happy Jack said:

Now for me that was part of the beauty of it. Given the set-up, you just knew that they were going to manufacture a hit record by the end of the documentary.

And then it turned out to be a complete failure, it just didn't work at all. It wasn't useful and very little was learned.

How refreshing!

Nah, just means that an evolutionary biologist trying to become an expert songsmith with the aid of a ZX Spectrum was never going to cut it. 

Could maybe have predicted that when Trevor Horn asked the guy exactly what his qualifications were and he replied he'd spent most of his professional life working with worms.

tbf - I've spent many a far worse 60 mins :)