Why become a member? ×

Darkglass? Help

MrPring

Hello, 

I'm wanting to get involved with some darkglass dirt having sold some of the setup which has served me well for the last 5 years. 

My favourite bass tone has been the first track from this EP

https://wecamefromwolves.bandcamp.com/album/paradise-place-ep

but I've struggled to recreate it live. 

The setup was G&L SB2 (back pup) > REDDI > SVT Skunkworks (for sale soon) > Mesa mkV > SM7b > Api pres

This produced a nice biamped distorted  tone with loads of clarity. 

I'm leaning towards a microtubes X or X7 but haven't had a chance to play through any of the Darkglass stuff and am absolutely dead with all the crap Dingwall djent or slap 'drive on 10' demos online. 

Help a brutha out! 

Cheers 

Rob

• Like 1

Personally I reckon the Tech21 VTDI, BDDI, DP3X, or the soon to be released YYZ might get closer to that particular tone.

I haven't tried the new Darkglass X pedals, but from the Vintage/B7K/Alpha Omega range, the AO or the newer Vintage models with the attack switch would get closest to that I reckon.

On 06/04/2019 at 15:05, dannybuoy said:

Personally I reckon the Tech21 VTDI, BDDI, DP3X, or the soon to be released YYZ might get closer to that particular tone.

I haven't tried the new Darkglass X pedals, but from the Vintage/B7K/Alpha Omega range, the AO or the newer Vintage models with the attack switch would get closest to that I reckon.

Sold a VT Bass Deluxe last week 🙈

First practice today without some form of VT Bass pedal in over a decade. 

Will check out the for sales 👍🏼

Just to further complicate matters I'm in the process of going to an ampless setup on in ears so could potentially need something with a cab sim or at least get a cab sim pedal in addition. 

Too much gear not enough time 🤔

There was an OmniCabSim Mini in the for sale section recently, not sure if it's still there.

The most recent Ultra pedals from the Darkglass range all feature cab sims, and of course they are baked into anything Tech21/Sansamp!

On 08/04/2019 at 11:33, MrPring said:

Just to further complicate matters I'm in the process of going to an ampless setup on in ears so could potentially need something with a cab sim or at least get a cab sim pedal in addition. 

Too much gear not enough time 🤔

Twonote CAB in classifieds if you want a flexible cab sim.