Why become a member? ×

EUB tryout / borrow

simon_says

Hi. I have been getting very bad back pain in a muscle below my right shoulder blade and, despite an intensive chiropractor/osteopath/physio course of treatment, it has not been sorted.  The pain starts after about 30 minutes of playing my DB and then grows and spreads horizontally across my spine until I am unable to play any more.

I have had a chat with drewk_ie, who has suffered back issues as well, and he has suggested trying an EUB.  I am willing to try everything and this seem like a good idea.

As I have never played one, is anyone able to let me come and play one for an hour or so or let me borrow one to check out whether there is any benefit in playing one over playing  standard upright. I am located just north of Reading.

Many thanks

Simon

I have a Stagg, slightly modded so that it plays on a stand a la NS Design, that you could borrow as it is getting no use at the moment.  Main problem is I am in SE Essex, best part of 100 miles away.

• Like 1

I bought drewk_ie’s KK baby bass a couple of years ago, and you’re more than welcome to come over and try it out. I live near Bicester, which should be more or less within striking distance. Drop me a PM if you like, and we’ll make a plan...

• Like 1

Many thanks for your kind offer Paul S but, as Malvis is not too far away, I will see if there is any benefit playing his for a short time first. If further experimentation is necessary I hope I can give you a call.

Malvis - thank you also. I will send you pm.

What a helpful bunch of guys and gals Basschatters are!

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:15, Paul S said:

I have a Stagg, slightly modded so that it plays on a stand a la NS Design, that you could borrow as it is getting no use at the moment.  Main problem is I am in SE Essex, best part of 100 miles away.

If you were going to Sarf Essix, you could call in and try my Aria, which is completely different from the Stagg.

• Like 1

I'm a fair way off, in South Wales. Bit of a trek along the M4 (or train journey) But if you're visiting the area to see some family / mates, or just up for a trip to the seaside or mountains - you are very welcome to come and try my NS Design EUB.

I play a few gigs where I double up on bass guitar and upright. EUB can be a godsend for some gigs. As an alternative to not playing upright at all - for me it's a no-brainer.... Get yourself an EUB. Now, getting the right one for you... That's the trick.

Good luck with your search. My NS Design packs down so that it's not too much bigger than a bass guitar. It's not terribly heavy either.

23 hours ago, simon_says said:

Thanks Marc. I might go for a few days to discover Cardiff in a few months and maybe could arrange a meeting if you aren't to far away.

I didn't realise that considering an eub is opening a Pandora's box of options!

Cheers

Simon

Drop me a PM if you're considering a trip to the area Simon
Yes, it is something of a Pandora's box of options. But it's also a good journey to be on, discovering new instruments and seeing what's out there :)

FB.  Thank you very much for your offer.  I visited Malvis yesterday and had a very interesting hour or so on his Baby Bass.  It is a bit early to know if an EUB could prove to be a solution but I didn't seem to have a strong pain as I would normally get on my dB.  As such and as you aren't so far away I would very much like to try your bass to further experiment.  I will drop you a PM.  All the best.  Simon