Why become a member? ×

Huge Advert!

Acebassmusic

Question

Over the last week or so I've noticed an advert for Elixir strings comes up 4 times the size of every other advert. I'm using Internet Explorer / Win 10 on a PC and don't seem to have issues anywhere else. No big problem, just thought I'd let the mods know :-)

Presentation1.thumb.jpg.fef9ae9f59d1cf344c561ef6a03688d4.jpg

24 answers to this question

IE 11 definitely shows this ad and others don't. Are the ads non-turnoffable / governed from above on the hosting package or something?

Yeah, if you can avoid it then stop using IE, it's godawful. Chrome / Firefox are so much better / secure. Edge is better than IE but you're still better off with the other 2.

• Like 1

Well the elixir one doesn't seem so bad anymore :lol:

We're working on it I promise!  But waiting to hear back and unless they're slow replying I don't want to take it offline so that they can debug it.

After a short settling in period we should start to see much more relevant ads too.  More inline with what the site is actually about, or in cases even the particular thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ead said:

I saw that thanks Ped, but not telling us a great deal tbh.  What's the approx timeline do you think, as the UE is not great atm.

Put it this way, if it’s not right within a week then we’ll revert back. Hoping to hear back from the company today. They’re pretty good so don’t anticipate it taking long. 

Massive ad issue here, one not hit on before, although I am suffering the annoying ones at the bottom too which make the site extremely annoying to use on a mobile.

Check out this big B**ger though!

756673386_ScreenShot2019-04-07at20_36_58.thumb.png.d3dd16ad6142c1cd99024384e1e8cd1f.pngIt totally mess up all down the page too...

2083822415_ScreenShot2019-04-07at20_37_10.thumb.png.9c3967f06cbcc5b247dd63bf0afeaf37.png

I'm using Chrome on a mac, pretty much up to date too, for a change...

Eude

22 hours ago, charic said:

They won't be anywhere near this offensive once ducks are in a line :)

Adverts should be helpful, not annoying.  That's what we're working towards!

Still rather not see any when I'm paying for the privilege for being a member of a forum and not receiving any benefits really. 

Sure, "once ducks are in a line" I won't be bombarded with ads in my face but generally adverts aren't helpful, especially when you don't want to buy anything 😂