Why become a member? ×

DHL lost my bass

Owen

DHL: The driver will not return until he we can confirm someone will be at the property as he has been there quite a few times. Can you confirm a date someone will be there to hand over the parcel to the driver? Thanks *****

Me :Sorry *****, I do not have access to the house where the parcel was delivered. I know where it is but I have knocked on the door once and they denied having a delivery. I cannot go there again otherwise it will get messy. This is not a problem I can fix and I cannot tell you when they will be in because I do not know them.
If you are not going back to the house where does that leave me and my lost guitar?
Edited by owen

I had a similar issue with DHL once. A bass was sent from the UK to me here in Poland, but I was tracking it pretty much constantly - when it arrived at the DHL depot, I went and picked it up myself.

Luckily I did really, as the street name was correct but the house number was totally wrong and didn't even exist.

• Like 1

The frustrating bit is that the address it was delivered to is 200m as the crow flies from where it should have come. There is no way a Post Office in Germany would have been able to confuse both addresses. They are not remotely similar.

Sadness :( <sigh>

If your seller was a commercial business I'd be inclined at this point to leave it up to them and ask for my money back.  With your seller in Germany and (from the sound of it) not a commercial operation then its to your credit that you are doing as much as you are to get it resolved, as it's clearly not your fault.  Unfortunately it's really for him to sort with the delivery agents and claim the insurance. 

Mistakes happen but the most annoying thing to me is that someone has your guitar and is denying it. 

1 hour ago, ped said:

Is the depot localish and open tomorrow? Go get it if so, just in case!

The guy phoned the depot and the depot phoned me and said he would meet up with me. Sadly I was on a Dual Carriageway towing a caravan in the opposite direction. I did a 3 hour detour on our honeymoon to buy a Stingray 5. My wife would not stand for such behaviour when we were meant to be driving off on holiday. I will be back on Weds but it will be delivered to work on Monday. Phew.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

A fair few years ago a courier company lost a broadcast lender we’d sent.  £20k gone.  Daft thing is whoever nicked it would have such a tiny possibility of moving it on, it probably ended up in a skip or a river.

sorry for being so dumb ,,,,but WTF is a broadcast lender and why does it cost 20k?

you wonder at their thought processes sometimes.

I had a parcel delivered from interstate. Of COURSE they deliverred during the one hour I wasn't home. They contacted the sender to ask where he wants it deliverred, "errm to the same address". I went online and requested redelivery without signature.

Three days later and sender gets a message they are returning it to him. He responds asking why, when we both asked for redelivery without signature.

A WEEK later and they finally understood what "redelivery without signatue" meant.

I was home when they redeliverred it, bastard didn't even knock on the door.

Took two weeks.

Edited by bazzbass