Why become a member? ×

DHL lost my bass

Owen

I was expecting a delivery yesterday. It should have come to **** 2TP. It went to ****2YP. This has been confirmed by the courier driver. He was dealing with the address on the parcel. The wrong address had been put on the parcel earlier in the chain but it was my address which was handed over with the parcel in Germany. No one is stepping up and dealing with it in DHL. I cannot get anyone to talk to me because I am not the sender. The sender cannot get any sense because "Seems like DHL UK / UK Mail won't help me either because according to them I'm not the sender."

RANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANT

VENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENTVENT

It's the sender DHL have a contract with, so it's the sender who needs to progress this. If it doesn't arrive you should get a refund from the sender. He/She, then uses their insurance to get a refund on the value of the item; assuming they insured it for the value.

I've had a bass go missing I was sending to somewhere in the EU. That was DHL too. It turned up a few days later.

Are they saying it has been delivered, or is it lost in the system?
If they say it's delivered, then they need to show the sender a Proof of Delivery, with a name and a picture of the delivery address - they all take pictures these days.

The tracking says delivered. The bloke in the van says he delivered a large rectangular box to said address and it was signed for. DHL Germany have suggested " that the "delivered" status in tracking seems to be a scanning error and they claimed the parcel to still be in delivery". The sender is doing all he can from his end. 

Sadness :(

• Sad 1

I had this happen sending a very precious transitional Steinberger XL2 to Sweden. The courier misread the house number on the package and handed it over to a different address at the other end of the same road. It was all OK in the end but there was a fair bit of nail biting involved. Hope it all sorts out...

37 minutes ago, owen said:

The tracking says delivered. The bloke in the van says he delivered a large rectangular box to said address and it was signed for. DHL Germany have suggested " that the "delivered" status in tracking seems to be a scanning error and they claimed the parcel to still be in delivery". The sender is doing all he can from his end. 

Sadness :(

This is where the photo of the house delivered to comes in handy.

The last two DHL deliveries I've received have been confirmed with photos of the front door.   I do find it weird that people sign for and take in parcels that are clearly not for them (kindly neighbours notwithstanding).  

• Like 2

I refused to accept a delivery from UPS a few weeks back because the box, a violin for my daughter, had been trodden on and the contents were rattling, not usually considered a mark of quality with a string instrument. The driver, who has just delivered the replacement, said that after he returned it, the depot taped over the box (covering the damage), and put it back for delivery the next day. To his credit he refused to accept it into his van. I don't know how stupid/cynical courier depot staff must be must be to think that customers are that stupid? 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, owen said:

I initially thought that was the issue, but the rest of the address is so different that it would be virtually impossible for someone in another country to put this address in. 

Problem is that if the person at the PO enters the wrong postcode, they'll only be offered a limited number of addresses, and if in a rush (or coudn't be arsed), might have entered a completely incorrect address. Seller's responsibility to get it to you, so the problem is at their end. Hope it gets sorted mate.

C

Fingers crossed for you @owen

Time for Mr Dyson to stop frittering away his self-proclaimed towering intellect and engineering talents on cordless vacuum cleaners and put a bit of hard graft into producing the world's first bass guitar friendly bijou transporter for the home! 

8 hours ago, JimBobTTD said:

There are too many stories about lost deliveries (and the like) at the moment. 

What the hell is going on? Why is it that so many people do not do their jobs properly, and so many simply will not take responsibility for their mistakes? 

To be honest, at face value this sounds like the sender got the address wrong and the courier are doing their best to help Owen, I might be wrong, but given the totality of courier deliveries I'm guessing the 'too many stories' are a drop in the ocean. But man, as per my post above, it still drives you crazy when it happens to you!