Why become a member? ×

Bilbo's Transcription Archive

Bilbo

Jon Poole again; At The End Of The World of th Lifesigns 'Live In London' DVD. Not entirely accurate as some of the parts of a bit mad and off piste and difficult to hear even with Transcribe software but there is enough here for folk to play the tune.

No video of this version on YouTube as far as I can see but this is the original track.

Lifesigns At The End Of The World.pdf

Latin in 5:4. 😎 This is the bass part to the Alegre Correa Sextett version of 'Quinta Da Pontal' from his album 'Negra Coracao'. The bass player on the recording is Ronaldo Gringo Saggiorato. The version posted here is not the version I have transcribed which is available on Spotify but not  YouTube. This bass player on this version is Eduardo Machato. I posted this so you could hear the main ostinato that the whole tune is built around.

Quinta Da Pontal - bass - Full Score.pdf

Some more Latin - this time a transcription of the bass part to Tres Deseos by Ednita Nazario. This is an old transcription I did off a compilation CD I have. The version attached is not the same one so the details are different but it gives you an idea of what the groove should feel like. I love this stuff.

Tres Deseos - Ednita Nazario.pdf

Three decades in the making. I have been promising myself I would do this since the 1990s. Geddy Lee's part for YYZ. Most of it is mine but I did cross refer to a few other transcriptions for 'those' licks. We were mostly in agreement (Geddy double tracked the parts and dropped in for the solo licks and so there are odd things happening when you slow things down).

YYZ - Rush.pdf

Edited by Bilbo
  • Like 2

That's always been my intention. I always thought that there was not enough interesting source material for developing readers so decided to post stuff I had already done. Now I am transcribing specifically to post as a means of encouraging people to learn to read. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jeff Berlin's bass parts to Bill Bruford's 'Either End Of August' off his 'Feels Good To Me' album. It is in 5:4, 6:4 and 4:4 😎 I was a massive Jeff Berlin fan in those days, right up until his Champions and Pump It albums but he lost me after that as his sound lost it's guts. He always strikes me as the kind of artist that really needs a strong producer to temper his worst excesses. This on is not hard to read or to play and has nothing 'chopsy' about it. Just a beautiful tune with a lovely bass part. I always think it sounds fretless but he always said he never played fretless so I don't know.

Either End Of August - Jeff Berlin Bass Part.pdf

I have decided that this is not the best way to make these transcriptions available to the world so I am in the process of setting up a dedicated website for them, much like the other people on here have done. I am in discussions with a web designer as we speak as my web based IT skills don't go as far as they should so watch out for The Return of Bilbo's Bass Transcription Archive. I envisage uploading the above 57 transcriptions and then adding to it from there. 

• Like 2