Why become a member? ×

Bilbo's Transcription Archive

Bilbo

On 24/04/2019 at 00:29, Bilbo said:

Billy Sheehan on Ladies Nite In Buffalo from Dave Lee Roth's Eat 'Em and Smile album. The easiest read on here.

Reminds me to be where I should be: in well played basics.

(No, I am not flashy at all, although sometimes try to be. With modest success.)

@Bilbo: Thank you for your legible scores.

• 3 weeks later...

A reading exercise, this it the synth bass line that underpins the song 'Onward' from the Yes LP 'Tormato'. The bass part is minimal in this tune and this part is essentially a quarter note 'walking' bass line (not in the Jazz sense but still a bass note pulse on which the harmony hangs). I took a couple of liberties when I couldn't really hear the note under the string arrangements but it is essentially all there. It is a useful reading exercise for relative beginners.

Onward Yes Reading Exercise.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

An interesting little thing by Ralph Towner, only 1.26 long. I transcribed the guitar part and then re-transcribed it for double bass. A solo piece that most of us on here can play, a spacy ECM vibe - all tone and no technique. I cannot post a link to the tune as it is not available on youtube (it was but it isn't there now).

Four Comets One.pdf Four Comets Bass version.pdf

• Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 17:56, Bilbo said:

An interesting little thing by Ralph Towner, only 1.26 long. I transcribed the guitar part and then re-transcribed it for double bass. A solo piece that most of us on here can play, a spacy ECM vibe - all tone and no technique. I cannot post a link to the tune as it is not available on youtube (it was but it isn't there now).

Four Comets One.pdf 32.7 kB · 0 downloads Four Comets Bass version.pdf 34.52 kB · 0 downloads

Love Oracle

14307337353531.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...