Why become a member? ×

Neck buzzing - Squier VM Jazz

Grangur

@Rikki_Sixx has posted in his status
There's a buzzing / rattling somewhere on my Squier VM Jazz neck. I don't think it was there before adding a high mass bridge and pretty sure it's happening at the nut on the A string... Anyone had this sort of thing before?

Others may have other experience, but my answer: is play the bass to make the noise and take a good ear and move up and down the bass. Find out where it's coming from.

I had a similar experience and the result was I found playing the A string made a loose clover-ear on the G-string tuner buzz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grangur said:

@Rikki_Sixx

I had a similar experience and the result was I found playing the A string made a loose clover-ear on the G-string tuner buzz.

If it's that, I've used superglue to address. Use the thin/watery type and it wicks into the gap.

zap.jpg

• Like 1

Push down on the string behind the nut, while doing so play the open string in question, if the noise stops it's the nut slot cut too wide for the gauge. Or the break angle from nut to tuning peg isn't enough, this sounds possible since you have changed the bridge. Fix is to have more string raps around the tuning peg.

• Like 3