Why become a member? ×

Sold, mods please close. Yamaha TRB1005 with Glockenklang PreAmp
£525
Cardiff

Marc S

For sale is my stunning red / orange burst Yamaha TRB 5 string bass. It's not one of the Japan built models, (Korea, I think?)

It really is a lovely player, great quality and has a superb Glockenklang 3 band pre-amp fitted. The price reflects the lovely condition & upgraded Pre-amp, and is actually slightly less than I paid for it, but needs must...... The pre-amp sounds absolutely immense (check them out online!) and would set you back £130 & P+P, plus fitting. It was pro fitted by Dave Dearnaley, for the previous owner (who is also a BC member)

I need to downsize my collection, I'm not playing 5 string much these days, so reluctantly this has to go. It sounds absolutely superb (if a little modern for my tastes) and has a great range of tones and sounds. It's X-long scale (35") and the B string is wonderfully fat sounding.

It's in great condition, though there are a few minor surface marks here & there - no chips, cracks or splits in the surface though. It weighs 4.5 Kg - so certainly no boat anchor.
No trades please, unless you have a 5 string Wingbass.

I'd rather not post (and I'd much prefer you tried it and were happy) I'm prepared to meet somewhere though, and have a battery amp and amp-headphones so you can hear the bass. I can let you have a nice, well-padded gigbag to take it away in.

TRB 1.jpg

TRB 2.jpg

IMG_20190404_150444492.jpg

IMG_20190404_150517718.jpg

IMG_20190404_150537280.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 2

Quick update. Someone messaged me about the weight of this bass - thought I'd let you all know. It's 4.5 kg
Also, I may now consider posting this (I've got a box it may fit into) - if you want to arrange your own courier.....

Though I'd still prefer collection or a meet-up. I'll be near Birmingham on Tuesday - if that's any nearer for anyone?

just lovely and id be tempted had i not just bought two Yamaha BB's :)  it looks like your bridge has been upgraded too as its a hipshot A bridge not the BBOT that comes standard with these ! gorgeous colour!!

14 minutes ago, lee650 said:

just lovely and id be tempted had i not just bought two Yamaha BB's :)  it looks like your bridge has been upgraded too as its a hipshot A bridge not the BBOT that comes standard with these ! gorgeous colour!!

Hi Lee. I'm not sure about the bridge on these. I've seen a few slight variations in them, whenever I come across them for sale - it could be that you're quite correct of course. It's a nice solid bridge, and allows for very smooth, fine adjustments. Yes, the colour is lovely. I bought ita few years back from a fellow local BC member, and I'd gone to his place to buy another (cheaper) 5 string at the time. However, I was instantly smitten by the colour, the look, and superb sound of this bass - so I forked out the extra dosh there & then :)

Sadly, I now really need to downsize (due to other circumstances) and I recently got myself an Ibanez Mikro 5'er to replace this beauty

Edited by Marc S

I've had a question about string spacing on this lovely bass. Sorry the last but one photo isn't too clear
But if string spacing is measured from the centre of each string - it is 16.5mm
Not sure if that's the standard way people measure string spacing? but it seems the most logical way to me....

I can now offer a "roadworn" vintage Fender G&G hardcase with this bass. It's not mint condition, but looks rather cool and all catches & hinges work great
I'm unsure of its' age - but it's most likely from the 1980's or perhaps the early 90's

Though I'd prefer collection or a meet-up, I'm happy for you to arrange your own courier (UK only please)

8 hours ago, Marc S said:

I've had a question about string spacing on this lovely bass. Sorry the last but one photo isn't too clear
But if string spacing is measured from the centre of each string - it is 16.5mm
Not sure if that's the standard way people measure string spacing? but it seems the most logical way to me....

I can now offer a "roadworn" vintage Fender G&G hardcase with this bass. It's not mint condition, but looks rather cool and all catches & hinges work great
I'm unsure of its' age - but it's most likely from the 1980's or perhaps the early 90's

Though I'd prefer collection or a meet-up, I'm happy for you to arrange your own courier (UK only please)

The original bridge was 18mm on these TRB's. So I reckon the HS will have the same string adjustability. Seems like this bass has been adjusted for someones liking of tight string spacing.

6 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

The original bridge was 18mm on these TRB's. So I reckon the HS will have the same string adjustability. Seems like this bass has been adjusted for someones liking of tight string spacing.

Thanks for the info bubinga5, Yes, it can be tweaked - the bridge allows for very fine adjustments, though I think the current spacing is very comfortable IMO. It doesn't seem tightly spaced to me - I tend to struggle with closer spacing...

I'm currently trying to get used to the much closer spacing on my new Ibanez Mikro 5 string.... And it's tricky, so is going to take my awkward fingers some time :)

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, richardd said:

Still no trades Mark?😊

Hmmmm, I've been thinking about maybe either a MIJ Precision, or possibly a Squier Classic Vibe - Then maybe moving on one of my other basses (changing plans slightly)
I miss my old Squier CV Precision! lol ;)

I may now consider trades on this bass.

Possibly a MIJ Precision (I'm fancying one in off-white), or a Squier Classic Vibe P bass (plus a bit of cash against this bass)
But no Sunburst please (I like it, but already have sufficient S/B basses)

EDIT: I'm also on the lookout for a Markbass EVO bass head (or something similar, with 2 inputs)

Edited by Marc S

Price now dropped to £480. Or I can chuck in the G&G Fender hardcase with straight sale.
Can't drop any lower than this - it's a fab bass, and I'm already taking a hit.....

13 hours ago, lee650 said:

Hmm this is Still available then 🤔

Yes, still here atm.
I've got a couple of people locally, who are interested, but currently still up for grabs