Why become a member? ×

Is This Musicman Genuine?

Linus27

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='352026' date='Dec 11 2008, 06:38 PM']Yep she has been pointed in this direction.

Haha if it gets relisted I might start 2 new accounts and bid it right up so he gets huge fees.[/quote]

Unfortunately he won't get huge fees unless you complete the sale! :)

Now that would be dedication to the cause. :huh:

[quote name='Linus27' post='352033' date='Dec 11 2008, 06:45 PM']By the way everyone, in case anyone is interested, I also have a genuine Musicman String Ray for sale. It was custom made just for me because I asked them really nicely and they said they would only do this for me as I am special. I also whispered the magic password, "Sound Control" which means I only had to pay the special £51 for it. Its made from a special wood that I hand picked which is called plastic. You can only get it in places like China so it's really rare. I also made sure that it was active but did not require a battery so to do away with the silly battery cover. The pickups are my own design that can't be found anywhere else and Ernie Ball loves them. I call them the "Sound Control Specials". So again, these pickups are really rare. The headstock is also special as I insisted that Ernie Ball did away with any information on the back of it. All other Musicman basses have this so this makes mine even more rare. Finally the bridge. this is so rare that I can't actually talk about it. Either way, I think your love this genuine String Ray bass thats really old and vintage yet also not that old and is pretty new. I have attached a photo but if you want anymore then I'll find an excuse not to post them. I can't be fairer than that. I'll start the bidding at £51.

:) :huh: :huh: :huh:[/quote]

Hm, you can spell and form coherent sentences...that sets you above your usual Ebay scammer. I'll bid.

[quote name='boo' post='352140' date='Dec 11 2008, 08:58 PM']Excellent work everyone!

Does anyone know if E-bay would take this any further ? Would the Police get involved ?

Surely there's enough information available to bring a case against the guy ?[/quote]

eBay don't give a f*ck, hopfully the guy has learned his lesson or if not I'm sure someone here will find it and take him down again.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='351948' date='Dec 11 2008, 05:05 PM']I'm not sure that the seller has tried to sell it to the next highest bidder yet... has he?[/quote]

Sorry I should of been a little more clear, I meant ended the auction and offered it to Shonks, either way my comment about him being a slimey tosspot still stands as his story about trying to recoup his money is b*llocks, he was out to rip somebody off.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='352038' date='Dec 11 2008, 06:47 PM']Unfortunately he won't get huge fees unless you complete the sale! :)

Now that would be dedication to the cause. :huh:[/quote]
You can always prevent him selling it anyway by just putting on a max bid of say 10k or something stupid, and just don't complete the transaction. I'm sure there's more people on here than there are amounts of times he'd list it before gets fed up :huh:

[quote name='Linus27' post='352033' date='Dec 11 2008, 06:45 PM']By the way everyone, in case anyone is interested, I also have a genuine Musicman String Ray for sale. It was custom made just for me because I asked them really nicely and they said they would only do this for me as I am special. I also whispered the magic password, "Sound Control" which means I only had to pay the special £51 for it. Its made from a special wood that I hand picked which is called plastic. You can only get it in places like China so it's really rare. I also made sure that it was active but did not require a battery so to do away with the silly battery cover. The pickups are my own design that can't be found anywhere else and Ernie Ball loves them. I call them the "Sound Control Specials". So again, these pickups are really rare. The headstock is also special as I insisted that Ernie Ball did away with any information on the back of it. All other Musicman basses have this so this makes mine even more rare. Finally the bridge. this is so rare that I can't actually talk about it. Either way, I think your love this genuine String Ray bass thats really old and vintage yet also not that old and is pretty new. I have attached a photo but if you want anymore then I'll find an excuse not to post them. I can't be fairer than that. I'll start the bidding at £51.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :o[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
WTF?..... 2 Custom Stingrays in one day?.... :)....magic beans of any interest?

Edited by MB1