Why become a member? ×

PA Sub placement.

Owen

There are steps up to the platform which run along the length. I could lay them in a horizontal line on the step, but there are perhaps access issues. I will look into that. It is an HK Elements system with 4 1x10 active subs. We are not going for ear bleeding volume :) It is not really that I am dissatisfied with what we are getting, but I had clocked Sub placement coming up now and again (from @Bill Fitzmaurice in particular) and got to thinking.

On 04/04/2019 at 11:17, owen said:

There are steps up to the platform which run along the length. I could lay them in a horizontal line on the step, but there are perhaps access issues. I will look into that. It is an HK Elements system with 4 1x10 active subs. We are not going for ear bleeding volume :) It is not really that I am dissatisfied with what we are getting, but I had clocked Sub placement coming up now and again (from @Bill Fitzmaurice in particular) and got to thinking.

Ok its hard to be sure from the description you gave, but it seems you're constrained from simply putting the sub(s) front and centre on the floor just in front of the stage? (And/or you can't dedicate/barrier off that area?) Can you, or do you want to, remove this apparently full width bunch of steps? (How wide is the stage??????)

If that's the case then, I guess, to one side or the other (but NEVER one each side - Google "Power alley" for an explanation), or as close to front centre as possible without getting in the way.  

Definitely don't want the subs actually on the stage, I can only imagine weird acoustic issues resonating whatever's underneath it.

I think manufacturer's have a lot to answer for by sticking a pole mount on a sub box, it tends to suggest that the mains can simply go on top. They could go on top of one....but the other would want to not be, since if it were then the sub would be in the wrong place.

Edited by paul_c2

• 2 weeks later...