Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** Mesa Boogie PH212 Combo Cab (standard 2U) - Now £480
£550
East Herts

After much consideration, I've decided to put this amazing combo cab up for sale.   To be clear, amp is NOT included.

I traded to get this with Al Krow of this very parish.  It has superb tonal character and is in itself very portable with tilt-back castors, great top handle and side sprung handles.

One of the best features of this cab is that the amp-space is actually a 2U rack mount, so you can fit any standard rack-mount head in there.  The speakers are Neo ones and look to be Eminence Deltalites 12".

It was un-gigged and in pristine condition when I got it and largely the same, although I've gigged a fair bit since then.  There are the odd marks here and there but nothing too serious.  Will take detailed pics when I can.  

Comes with original (and very well fitting) padded cover.

Collection or meet up anywhere from West Hertfordshire to Essex, depending on what day of the week it is.  

EDIT 24/04/2019: Now prepared to have it couriered for £50 fully insured.  Can probably remove the handle so it doesn't stick out so prominently and can package it more securely.

EDIT 29/04/2019: Dimensions in CM are D 47, W 56, H 76. Weight is about 34Kg.  Specs are 600W at 4Ohms.

Edit 08/05/2019: Price dropped to £480 collected. Will not be going any lower, that's a steal for this.

Trades: Would consider most things, as long as it's similar value as this or less (cash my way)

IMG_20190119_2101420.thumb.jpg.4e33efdb906079430f728a2f783e9795.jpg

Edited by Sharkfinger
  • Like 1

On 03/04/2019 at 15:04, Sharkfinger said:

I traded to get this with Al Krow of this very parish.  It has superb tonal character and is in itself very portable with tilt-back castors, great top handle and side sprung handles.  It's also about 25-27Kg.

One of the best features of this cab is that the amp-space is actually a 2U rack mount, so you can fit any standard rack-mount head in there. The speakers are Neo ones and look to be Eminence Deltalites 12".

It was un-gigged and in pristine condition when I got it and largely the same, although I've gigged a fair bit since then.  There are the odd marks here and there but nothing too serious.  Will take detailed pics when I can.  

+1^^

For the record this is very possibly still the best cab I've had, and it paired the Mesa M6 head (which I've held on to) beautifully.

Sharkfinger has put it to much better use than I managed to (it only had home use with me - hence its pristine condition when he got it off me) and my only regret is that I've not heard him play through this live!

19 minutes ago, jay bass said:

Hi can you please give some more of the spec on this cab

height width depth weight

wattage and ohm rating

i am looking to downsize from my Ampeg svt 4 x 10

thanks

regards

jay

I might be able to help here - details on the Mesa website:

https://www.mesaboogie.com/cabinets--simulators/bass-cabinets/powerhouse-series/standard-powerhouse/2x12.html#features-and-specifications

Not clear to me whether it was 8 ohm or 4 ohm - so I got in touch with the retailer who in turn put me through to the distributer, who emailed me to say:

"We didn’t keep records of what speaker impedances were loaded into specific cabs but since the code doesn’t have a + at the end of it to indicate a special instruction, I’m guessing this amp was a standard version. In which case it would be a 4 ohm cab (two 8 ohm speakers).

We don’t have any frequency response specs for these speakers. Sorry."

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jay bass said:

height width depth weight

wattage and ohm rating

i am looking to downsize from my Ampeg svt 4 x 10

Will have a measure tonight.  It's 600w at 4Ohm. I will weigh it but it will not be wildly different from the 25-27Kg stated.

3 hours ago, Sharkfinger said:

Now updated with measurements and weight. Bit heavier than I thought, but still very portable

Maybe a very silly question (and apologies if it is), but is that 34kg weight with your head still in?

The figures I had were 79.4 lbs for the combo including 25 lbs for the M6 head => 54.4 lbs for just the combo case (= 25kg) which tie in with your original figures.

I could, of course, have got my old numbers wrong and I wasn't including the cover, so that may explain the difference.

Edited by Al Krow

12 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Maybe a very silly question (and apologies if it is), but is that 34kg weight with your head still in?

The figures I had were 79.4 lbs for the combo including 25 lbs for the M6 head => 54.4 lbs for just the combo case (= 25kg) which tie in with your original figures.

I could, of course, have got my old numbers wrong and I wasn't including the cover, so that may explain the difference.

Weighed without head. My digital bathroom scales are sometimes a bit inaccurate but it's the best I can do, having no alternative.  Feels about right too.  

Standard PH212 is 78lbs / 35.3 Kg so about ties in with that, maybe a even a bit lighter.

• MB1 locked this topic