Why become a member? ×

Oooooh Ashdown Surf Green?

AndyTravis

Completely OT, but our BL once went to Morecambe to pick up a set of lights from a George Formby Tribute who was retiring. All the way there he was rehearsing his opening line, and when the bloke answered the door he said "Morning. Turned out nice again." and did the Fozzy Face. Nothing. The bloke completely blanked him and said "You're here for the lights then?" 😕😀

• Haha 3

• 6 months later...

Zombie thread alert.

So, re-located to the NE, new band, bit less rock orientated  a good bit more laid back.

So, got to thinking I'd like to go back to 2 x 210's. Time to re-read the Ashdown spec.

Got to the sight & 6, YES 6 colours available for the 210's & only 15kg.

So,  ordered 2 x beige (they look white on the site).

Got to shipping, £658 order, in theory Ashdown getting their's & a retailers margin. £24 bloody quid shipping?

Cart emptied! Barefaced Super Twin being kept.

(Mind it was very difficult choosing which colour, Shell Pink to match your Flea sir 😂😍)

3 hours ago, karlfer said:

Zombie thread alert.

So, re-located to the NE, new band, bit less rock orientated  a good bit more laid back.

So, got to thinking I'd like to go back to 2 x 210's. Time to re-read the Ashdown spec.

Got to the sight & 6, YES 6 colours available for the 210's & only 15kg.

So,  ordered 2 x beige (they look white on the site).

Got to shipping, £658 order, in theory Ashdown getting their's & a retailers margin. £24 bloody quid shipping?

Cart emptied! Barefaced Super Twin being kept.

(Mind it was very difficult choosing which colour, Shell Pink to match your Flea sir 😂😍)

Huh? You were going to spend £658 to replace your £1k+ cab with a pair... and it was the shipping cost that put you off?!

5 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Huh? You were going to spend £658 to replace your £1k+ cab with a pair... and it was the shipping cost that put you off?!

4 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

There you go Ashdown, you should bump your prices up and offer free shipping instead, it works for Barefaced!

The point is NORMALLY ordering direct from a manufacturer would get you product a little cheaper. Not cost you more.

The Barefaced was bought used for £725.

In this instance Ashdown's tactics have cost them a sale & that won't be changed by you two having different thoughts to me.

6 hours ago, karlfer said:

The point is NORMALLY ordering direct from a manufacturer would get you product a little cheaper. Not cost you more.

The Barefaced was bought used for £725.

In this instance Ashdown's tactics have cost them a sale & that won't be changed by you two having different thoughts to me.

So you’re complaining because a new product cost more than a used one? 🤔

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jakester said:

So you’re complaining because a new product cost more than a used one? 🤔

Can you lot not read. No. I'm moaning cos it's the same price direct from the manufacturer as it is from the retailer. Then the manufacturer charges shipping which the retailer doesn't. Jeez it ain't that important.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, karlfer said:

Can you lot not read. No. I'm moaning cos it's the same price direct from the manufacturer as it is from the retailer. Then the manufacturer charges shipping which the retailer doesn't. Jeez it ain't that important.

Totally agree and understand. 

The retailers make a margin and pay a trade price. 

If you buy from a manufacturer that also has retailers you are putting the retailer out of business. 

Ashdown are making a double margin and putting retailers out of business. 

When I was in retail ( hifi audio) it was unexceptable to sell direct to the public.... It actively puts retailers out of business. 

This is why I would never buy direct if the manufacturer also has retailers. 

When all the shops are gone don't moan about it.... Take it up with the manufacturer. 

23 hours ago, karlfer said:

I see your point. I expect they can't undercut their retailers otherwise those retailers wouldn't stock the product any more. The retailers probably use far more shipping of individual items than Ashdown and can get better pricing and processes to do that, I would guess. If there is something extra you get from buying direct, like the colour options, then maybe that is what draws people to buy direct? 

On 31/10/2019 at 14:51, spyder said:

Totally agree and understand. 

The retailers make a margin and pay a trade price. 

If you buy from a manufacturer that also has retailers you are putting the retailer out of business. 

Ashdown are making a double margin and putting retailers out of business. 

When I was in retail ( hifi audio) it was unexceptable to sell direct to the public.... It actively puts retailers out of business. 

This is why I would never buy direct if the manufacturer also has retailers. 

When all the shops are gone don't moan about it.... Take it up with the manufacturer. 

Manufacturers usually sell at RRP, something dealers never do. In defence of Ashdown there are areas in the country  (like mine) where the dealers do not stock Ashdown and Ashdown really do take care of their customers. So while I agree with your general point, I don't think it is totally valid with Ashdown.

• Like 2

It’s hard to get any vinyl in that colour. Here are two samples  I have received photographed I two different lights. 8B3D9906-D603-44C3-91F4-2C2D17C45FD0.thumb.jpeg.40a9e22fe291e971ffe8d0d035a4b39e.jpegNeither look to close to the Ashdown colour although different light/monitors/screens make it difficult to make a direct comparison.

7D4D1D6B-08B9-4CA9-BA21-76E5CAA15B78.jpeg

Edited by Chienmortbb