Why become a member? ×

Stay With Me - Faces Anyone know a good tab?

Stub Mandrel

Help! This has been suggested as a song for a group of us to play, it's a bit fast but as I can keep up with it !

Problem is, I can't find a reliable tab source.

For example, the tabs on Big Bass tabs and Ultimate Guitar are very different and neither of then is the same as is a video of someone playing along.

I don't think any of them are 100% right (although I could easily be wrong!)

Can anyone point me at an accurate tab of the song?

Thanks!

Edited by Stub Mandrel

The video appears to be pretty accurate and tab on UG appears to loosely agree but some missing notes, awkward fingerings and a few bad notes.

I think I can sort it, at least near enough to appear convincing, but if anyone does have a link to more accurate version it will be a help.

Stub, this may help or it may make things worse! But here's my first ever attempt at a tab, of the intro and verse riff, based on our cover of it in G. It's basic web software so no rests, and I've had to split it into two screen grabs. But hopefully I've captured the notes at least! NB I don't kill the verse notes unlike the original but let them sustain, seems to help it clip along nicely.    

Cheers

Kev

Screenshot 2019-04-02 at 21.36.34.png

Screenshot 2019-04-02 at 21.36.44.png

• Thanks 1

On 01/04/2019 at 16:15, gary mac said:

Love that bass line. Typical of the Faces, where, to me,  it always feels so loose that it could all fall to pieces and go very pear shaped but doesn't:)

Pretty much sums the Faces music up, and I like their stuff.  In the spirit of the band, I wouldn't worry about being note perfect, just come up with your own line and enjoy it!  As you say, "in tune and in time" is all you need.

• Thanks 1