Why become a member? ×

Where do people get their strings from? Where is good?

shoulderpet

20 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

+1 for Gear4music, generally the lowest prices for decent strings in UK.

Really??

I've just had a look, they only have 29 options for 5-string sets and they seem to be more expensive than other websites

Edited by Iacopo San

I normally use Stringsdirect or Amazon.

SD aren't the cheapest, though I don't think of them as particularly expensive.  Their customer service is excellent though, one of the few online retailers who pretty consistently get it right .

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Strings and Beyond for a while. Not as cost effective as a few years ago, but still worth a go, especially if you're buying a few sets to offset the shipping from the USA. They also currently are doing 15% discount off the whole store using the code TAXRELIEF. As an example, D'Addarios EXL170's here are around £23 a set. On the S&B site they are $20, then use the 15% deal to make them $17 = a shade over £13. So buying ten sets say, you could save £100, before taking shipping costs into account. BUT - do factor in that you may have to pay import duty on these. Even allowing for this, still worth investigating if you're buying a few sets - worth clubbing together an order with a mate maybe? They do all sorts of instrument strings as well as accessories etc.

https://www.stringsandbeyond.com/

• Thanks 1