Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender USA Standard Precision Sunburst REDUCED
£750
Glasgow

MattM

For sale, 2008 USA Standard Fender Precision in the classic sunburst/rosewood combo.   Bass features rolled fingerboard edges, graphite-reinforced neck rods, through-strung Fender bridge.   It doesn’t come with the 2012-2016 1962 Custom Shop pickups, however sounds absolutely brilliant without (I did swither about retrofitting, but decided if it ain’t broke…)   Some minor wear and tear – few small dings and scratches on back/top bout, however this makes it giggable straight out he box if you’re not bothered about a pristine bass.  Fitted with well-aged roundwounds which sound almost flatwound-esque with tone rolled off fingerstyle, and classically middly with pick and tone wound up. Brilliant, middly, thumpy fundamental P tone, and nice variation available via tone pot as with all good P basses.   41mm nut and ultra-comfy modern C neck profile.  Weight is around 8.5-9lbs mark which makes it very giggable.

Great, great bass, only selling as my dream 2EQ ‘Ray came up in this forum, and I’ve always been a Stingray guy for decades.   NOW REDUCED TO £725 with Fender gigbag or £775 with Gator hardshell case, plus postage.   Bass is located in Central Scotland (just south of Glasgow), handy for all major motorway networks, and shipping is do-able in UK.   Happy to meet up within reasonable distance for handover if needed.  Please feel free to check my feedback from several years/transactions on here.  Cheers.

IMG-0986.jpg

2-DB2-E277-B670-443-B-BBD4-16-C05-C976-F

B5-FAA3-DB-FDD5-43-F6-BD9-D-19-D0-A9-E9-

91726-F6-A-E237-46-A1-8-C0-D-15511216-D3

Edited by MattM