Why become a member? ×

Comments/Discussions on Sales Threads

Mykesbass

4 hours ago, chris_b said:

Location is relevant so you can decide whether to try it out or not.

Weight, photos and various questions on the spec are routinely asked. So routinely that it makes me wonder why people don't learn and put this info in the ad without having to be asked!

Very true. But then again, if I'm really interested, I'd ask them. I only buy something from time to time, so it's not like I have to constantly ask people the same questions over and over.

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

IMO an absolutely stunning bass!

But a couple of REALLY inappropriate comments by one individual.

I'm generally a fan of enthusiastic discussion on FS threads but this, for me, is a very good example of where a comment crosses the line:

wow...

That's purely and simply disgusting :facepalm:

(the comments, not the bass...)

8 hours ago, fleabag said:

Cant remember when i last saw neg comments in For Sale threads.  The biggest faux pas seems always to be the lack of location.

IMO, this should be compulsory and listed on the left under Avatars

It's surprising how much information people give in their threads, a too-specific location under your avatar might not be a good idea if you have a dozen boutique basses at home...

6 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

It's surprising how much information people give in their threads, a too-specific location under your avatar might not be a good idea if you have a dozen boutique basses at home...

Why - where are you going to sell them, cash converters? :D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

:)

So putting Manchester , say,   under your avatar means some bottom feeding scumbag will know your exact address and relieve the owner of them there boutique planks ?   

I think not   :crazy:

1 minute ago, fleabag said:

:)

So putting Manchester , say,   under your avatar means some bottom feeding scumbag will know your exact address and relieve the owner of them there boutique planks ?   

I think not   :crazy:

Yeah, none of the footballers actually live in Manchester, just play there... 😄 

8 hours ago, obi 2 kenobi said:

Personally I think its ok to make comments on sale threads especially if you know from direct experience that the price is way out of line.

Case in point, the guy trying to shift a Ken Smith 5 string fretless. Been up for sale for 9 months or so.

Can we not time restrict items for sale? For example if not sold during 6 months or whatever then ad is taken off?

So here's the thing: it's not your bass.

Why should you care how long it hangs around in the for sale? If you were genuinely concerned for the guy you would send him a private message. If you're after the bass and you want to put in a much lower offer, then send him a private message. 

When someone pointed out in that thread that the OP wasn't looking for price advice, that post got a LOT of likes from your fellow BCers, but you didn't get the hint... 

So please, get off this particular seller's case. He's selling a lovely bass and the 'market' will decide on what is a fair price. If he wants your advice I'm sure he will ask you for it. 

• Like 5

OK folks, I've said how it is and that's that - nothing more to discuss! Let's not use this thread to highlight times where comments haven't been helpful, because they represent a massive minority and the whole topic is, as far as I'm concerned, a non-issue.

Cheers

• Like 3

• ped locked this topic