Why become a member? ×

Another beauty from JoinMyBand!

lozkerr

This is my current fave - anyone on the forum ?!

RevDrGlover (Coventry)

Sunday 24 Mar 2019, 7:26pm

I'll turn-up to every practice, won't do tiresome bass solos, will syncopate between lead guitar and the kick-drum, fattening-up your sound, and will have no opinion about 'musical direction', just like bass players should. 

I've been playing with bands that are 'nearly ready to gig' for four years, without playing an actual gig. I bloody love making music with other people. Happy to carry-on doing that; thoroughly enjoying practice sessions, or actually practice to the point of actually playing an actual gig. 

I'm in my 50's with a mental age of 14 or so, and love what bass guitar can do to glue a band together. If that's what you're missing; I'm your man*. 

[*Or your gender-neutral bass-person who's cosplaying a fat lazy old bloke.] 

Blip me a DM, and I'll WhatsApp you on Instagram, or fax you a Telex at your Reddit PO Box number. Erm, bro.

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

The JMB poster may be commended for their brevity if nothing else.

Frankly, it looks a bit weird without the usual lengthy list of entirely incompatible influences: (Aerosmith, Jimmy Shand, Stockhausen, The Macc Lads, Englebert Humperdinck, Bootsy Collins).

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Frankly, it looks a bit weird without the usual lengthy list of entirely incompatible influences: (Aerosmith, Jimmy Shand, Stockhausen, The Macc Lads, Englebert Humperdinck, Bootsy Collins).

But what a festival lineup that would have made...

Edited by Muzz
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Machines said:

RevDrGlover (Coventry)

I'll turn-up to every practice, won't do tiresome bass solos, will syncopate between lead guitar and the kick-drum, fattening-up your sound, and will have no opinion about 'musical direction', just like bass players should. 

I've been playing with bands that are 'nearly ready to gig' for four years, without playing an actual gig. I bloody love making music with other people. Happy to carry-on doing that; thoroughly enjoying practice sessions, or actually practice to the point of actually playing an actual gig. 

I'm in my 50's with a mental age of 14 or so, and love what bass guitar can do to glue a band together. If that's what you're missing; I'm your man*. 

Blip me a DM, and I'll WhatsApp you on Instagram, or fax you a Telex at your Reddit PO Box number. Erm, bro.

Like a 1950's spinster in the lonely hearts club of the music world 😂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

The JMB poster may be commended for their brevity if nothing else.

That's an eclectic mix.

Jimmy Shand plays Rammstein 

Are we sure Mayo has actually reached Edinburgh..isn't Scotland the home of the deep fried Mars Bar?

(Note any lazy regional stereotypes in this post are purely there for lame comedic effect and are not necessarily the views of the poster)

Edited by yorks5stringer

20 hours ago, Machines said:

RevDrGlover (Coventry)

To be fair, that could be me. It isn't, but it could be... 🤔