Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 7215 SMC

kinghomer1975

All,

I have a TE 7215 SMC and I'm setting up to play on NYE (and this is important) and connecting to another TE Cab and suddenly the amp falls silent. No power.  I've tried all the usual stuff (changing leads etc) and had an electronics whizz friend of mine take a look. He could find no blown fuses or anything obvious. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Damn, that's awkward. There's no TE representative in the UK either for repairs as its now through Peavey, as I had to chase around last year myself for a repair job...

My best advice would be to take it to your best local guitar/amp repair place and perhaps spend a little money just to see if they know what's wrong with it and fix anything that needs fixing. 

It's a tough one but it is why I branched over to Ashdown as they're still UK based if I needed to give them a shout. 

2 hours ago, kinghomer1975 said:

All,

I have a TE 7215 SMC and I'm setting up to play on NYE (and this is important) and connecting to another TE Cab and suddenly the amp falls silent. No power.  I've tried all the usual stuff (changing leads etc) and had an electronics whizz friend of mine take a look. He could find no blown fuses or anything obvious. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Setting up 9 months in advance does seem a bit excessive, but at least it gives you plenty of time to properly sound check.

• Haha 3

Hello Kinghomer1975, I am fully prepared to have rotten tomatoes thrown at me for suggesting this 😊 did you also check the fuse in the mains plug? Assuming you really mean no power as opposed to no output (i.e. the red power light is off) you may have been using a generic mains lead fitted with a 3 amp fuse which is fine while you’re only using the internal speaker. The additional speaker draws more mains power for the amp section and so it may have exceeded the fuse capacity. Sounds too obvious but I’ve seen very experienced techs overlook the too obvious. I’m going to hide somewhere I think 😊

Does the cab work with other amps?

And does the Trace combo's amp section happily power other cabs? (you should be able to unplug it from the combo's speaker at the back, my Trace had a couple of speaker out sockets on the back)

And how did you connect the combo to the extension cab?