Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD Epiphone Jack Casady with Hard Case
£450
Malvern. Worcestershire

sunfish

Epiphone Jack Casady Signature Bass with Epiphone hard case £450

I’ve owned an Epiphone Rivoli and an Ibanez AFB200 semi-hollow bass but although I loved the look of them, I couldn’t  get a sound I liked.

The Epiphone Jack Casady Signature has a clever pickup with  selector switch that manages to get a great sound out of this iconic looking bass.

The neck is nice and comfortable and the action is low. The strings are currently old roundwounds.

Unfortunately for this bass, I am ogling something else on here. Hence I’m selling a few basses to raise some loot.

Although I may be tempted into a trade.

Here’s an interesting quote from Jack Casady from the Epiphone website:

Looking for the Holy Grail of Bass Tone

"When I first started playing, I ran across a short scale semi-hollow bass," said Casady "Despite lacking some low end, I really enjoyed the semi-hollow nature of that bass and over the years tried to capture that characteristic." Casady did find a rare Les Paul bass that came close to the sound he was seeking. "In 1985, I was living in New York and happened to stop in a music store one day and saw a goldtop, full scale semi-hollow Les Paul bass," Casady recalled. "I loved the bass but found the pickup to be deficient."

Casady approached Epiphone with his ideas and with help from our Epiphone luthiers, Casady fulfilled a life-long dream by designing the perfect electric bass.

I'm in Malvern, Worcestershire

Happy to meet half way within reason.

Thanks for looking 

Epiphone JC body 1.JPG

Epiphone JC.JPG

Epiphone JC head.JPG

Edited by sunfish
  • Like 1