Why become a member? ×

Anyone based in/near Las Vegas

tommorichards

So guys, i've been on this site a good few years, and i know near enough all of you are trusted guys around here, so i was wondering if anyone here is based in or around Las Vegas, Nevada, who would be willing to help out me and my brethren from the 12th to the 20th of May this year.

The long and short of it is that we need to hire a guitar and bass, as well as accompanying amps for a few gigs we've managed to score in L.A. and Las Vegas. Our trouble is finding a decent hire company who don't charge an extortionate price, as well as being quite flaky and inconsistent with their replies. We've also looked into buying instruments while over there and bringing them back, but that could leave us with either a poor quality instrument or no instrument at all. 

So what i'm asking for is someone who either is: a) able to lend us a good quality guitar and bass, along with a bass head and (preferably valve) guitar head, as well as the breakables for a drum kit, safe in the knowledge that should anything happen to them, we would get them either fixed or replaced; b) Know of a good hire company that doesn't charge the earth for a weeks rental of a back line, or; c) Know of somewhere where we can buy decent equipment.

If you are able to help, or point me into the right direction for this, i would be eternally grateful.

Tom

If it was me, I'd initially find out who I was playing with and see whether the bands concerned would be willing to let you borrow their backline; bands do share and if you lay it on that you're travelling from the UK, people become even more accommodating.. 

Next up, I'd consider option (c); leave all my gear at home and factor in the buying something in Las Vegas and either bringing it back (VAT/duty/running the green channel) or selling it on (at a probably loss) after the final show.   Without a doubt, Las Vegas fulfils the demographic for pawn/musical consignment stores...so long as you're not picky, you should be able to find what you need.  Google is your friend.  I have a friend who lives in Henderson...her son plays guitar, so he's probably quite genned up on what stores are about.  I'll happily shoot her a message.

Finally, if all this borrowing freaks you out, forget about it; 18 months ago I did some dates in Italy; as a band, I think collectively we took a Sansamp BDDI (and fresh PP3 batteries), headstock tuners, plectrums and some drumsticks.  It was fine.

• Like 1