Why become a member? ×

Looking for gravelly bass sound

lownote

I’m in a London boozer and listening to the pub musak. This soul / funk piece has the funkiest bass - a gravelly punchy deep deep sound. Not so much a dull thud as a deep dark chocolate-with-scotch bonnet chillies sexy punchy sound with a hint of high tension rubber hawser underneath. Anyone running that sound and can tell me how to get it - bass, amp, settings?  Obv I can’t find out this end as it’s just quality pub funk/soul background music. 

Edited by lownote12

Can't help with the specific sound, but in the past I've been known to ask the bar staff what the tune is, or if they don't know, where they get their tunes from - many places now have a specific 'stream' sent to the venue by head office, and if you email the company sometimes they'll give you a playlist. Yes, I am that sad...

Or (no help on this occasion) but for the future an app like 'Shazam' helps you to locate the specific tune.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jakester said:

Or (no help on this occasion) but for the future an app like 'Shazam' helps you to locate the specific tune.

This, then research further. But to be honest, it will have been ‘produced’ and often studio gear isn’t what they used live etc etc.

Best way is to experiment.

Si

Edited by Sibob

2 hours ago, lownote12 said:

I’m in a London boozer and listening to the pub musak. This soul / funk piece has the funkiest bass - a gravelly punchy deep deep sound. Not so much a dull thud as a deep dark chocolate-with-scotch bonnet chillies sexy punchy sound with a hint of high tension rubber hawser underneath. Anyone running that sound and can tell me how to get it - bass, amp, settings?  Obv I can’t find out this end as it’s just quality pub funk/soul background music. 

My Spector Euro LE4 ticks those boxes I think.  It's essentially an active P bass.