Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: Fender Precision USA 60th Anniversary P-bass
£945
The Hague, Netherlands

TorVic

*WITHDRAWN*

(my feedback history: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/280308-feedback-for-torvic/?page=3)

For Sale Only - Fender 60th Anniversary P-bass in good condition (second owner).

The first owner had tried some light relic-ing on the body (visible above the pick-up) and also installed a custom pickguard (that goes all the way down to the pick-up).

Original pickguard is included. No other accessories are available (I didn't receive any). Will ship in a generic hard case (shipping costs extra)

It's a great sounding and playing Precision bass but I need to reduce my collection. 

Online Reviews: 

https://www.bassplayer.com/gear/fender-60th-anniversary-precision-bass

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/fender-60th-anniversary-p-bass-451738

Spec: (borrowed from Sweetwater)

"When the Fender Precision Bass first hit the street, back in 1951, it completely changed the face of American music. The U.S.-made Fender 60th Anniversary Precision Bass celebrates six decades of this amazing instrument. The 60th Anniversary Precision Bass guitar features a select ash body, a maple neck, and a modern 9.5" radius fretboard with medium jumbo frets that's super comfortable to play. A Vintage Precision Bass split single-coil pickup and a high-mass vintage bridge capture the classic P Bass sound, whereas modern tuners and a Blackguard Blonde thin-skin lacquer finish add distinctly up-to-date touches, making the 60th Anniversary Precision Bass a true collector's piece.

Fender 60th Anniversary Precision Bass Features at a Glance:

• Color: Blackguard Blonde with Thinskin Lacquer finish
  • Body material: Ash
  • Neck: Maple with Modern "C" shape carve
  • Neck finish: Lacquer
  • Fretboard: Graphite-reinforced maple
  • Fretboard radius: 9.5"
  • Frets: 20, medium jumbo
  • Position inlays: Black dot position inlays
  • Scale length: 34"
  • Nut width: 1.625"
  • String nut: Synthetic bone
  • Truss rod: Posiflex graphite neck support rods
  • Truss rod nut: 3/16" adjustable hex nut
  • Pickup: Vintage Precision Bass split single-coil
  • Controls: Master volume, master tone
  • Hardware: Chrome
  • Tuning keys: Fender/Hipshot vintage keys with tapered shafts
  • Bridge: HMV, high mass vintage (strings-thru-body or topload)
  • Control knobs: Knurled chrome
  • Pickguard: 3-ply black/white/black
  • Other unique Features at a Glance: 60th Anniversary neckplate

Edited by TorVic
price drop

I found the photos from the original seller. They show the various spots where the "relic-ing" was attempted. 

Edited by TorVic
withdrawn
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Muppet said:

I have one of these - really great and quite light! Might be better with photos of the original pickguard fitted as it looks a lot better!

Thanks for the feedback but I prefer this pickguard. The original pickguard is like new and unused and is included in the sale. 

The original is made for a 51 model and ends before the split-P begins in the 57 position. That’s the only gripe I had with this bass and I bought this one as much for the custom pickguard as for the all the other good features in it.