Why become a member? ×

Peavey Millennium Plus USA 5 String *SOLD*
£525
Margate

jay-syncro

Up next we have my Peavey Millennium Plus USA 5 string. 

To the uninitiated, these are very high quality instruments, and are not to be confused with the cheaper budget BXP lines. In fact I stumbled across this article from Bass Guitar Magazine, a high end 5 string shoot-out focusing on the Status Stealth, Musicman Stingray, Peavey Millennium and Lakland 55-02 Deluxe. Note the Peavey is the most expensive of the group! http://www.statii.com/status_cats/reviews/15/index.html

In terms of feel I've owned USA and Skyline (Korean made) Laklands and this definitely feels and plays more in line with the USA basses. It also has equally great hardware (Hipshot USA) and electronics.

I bought it to use for a project and since that finished I've not really used it. 

I'm after just £525 for the Millennium which is an absolute bargain for a bass of this calibre. 

Screenshot_20190324_093741.jpg

Screenshot_20190324_093710.jpg

Screenshot_20190324_093652.jpg

Screenshot_20190324_093725.jpg

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 1

Stunning bass these!.....had a tiger eye and it was superb!!!...build and sound, and having active pickups super quiet....if it wasn't for the narrow string spacing

i would still have it GLWTS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ebenezer said:

Stunning bass these!.....had a tiger eye and it was superb!!!...build and sound, and having active pickups super quiet....if it wasn't for the narrow string spacing

i would still have it GLWTS.

Thanks for the comment, you're not wrong 👍🏻

Interesting as I hate narrow string spacing but don't find this uncomfortable at all. In fact it's the only 5 string bass I've ever felt comfortable enough to gig with, and I've had a few nice ones (Sadowsky, Atelier Z etc.)

Historically, it is a bass that has been superseded by a slew of Asian basses with similar or the same name so the public lumps it in with those. Big mistake! Once someone gets to hear and play one, everything changes. These were one of the last products from Peavey’s custom shop.

They were amongst the finest instruments produced by Peavey USA with electronics so good that the pre was co-opted for Peavey’s Cirrus range as it smoked that originally installed. The fit and finish is top notch and rivals any USA produced instrument of the era.

These truly are sleeper basses, destined to become classics and represent incredible value. Fear not, a wise BC member is sure to recognise the value in your instrument and snap up this bargain priced pedigree USA BUILT gem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...