Why become a member? ×

Status/Vintage icon jazz builds

Skinner

• 2 months later...

New wiring harness purchased (through KiOgon John) after that's fitted and when funds allow - planning to get some Fletcher jazz pickups. That will be it, turning out to be quite a 'British' bass build.

• 4 months later...

Custom made by me! I had purchased a few sheets of genuine carbon fibre to use for pedal boards and little jobs such as this. I nearly made one for the bell control plate, I may yet but would need to buy another sheet.

• Like 1

Thanks, wear a dust mask, protective eye wear and gloves, use either machine tools or fine toothed hacksaw files etc. It's an unforgiving material to work with so I usually make card template(s) until I'm happy then go for it with the carbon fibre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was actually a pretty good fit, I didn't have to shave or sand the neck pocket at all. The only minor  issue was as the neck was second hand and had existing drill holes (2 of them matched up) I decided to make it nice and solid as there was enough room for 6.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Henrythe8 said:

Did you have a hard time to fit the neck ? I thought the Icon's neck pocket was narrower than the standard Fender, but never really looked into it, so if you have a feedback on this, it'd be appreciated ! 🙂 

63.5mm 👍

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
  • Skinner changed the title to Status/Vintage icon jazz builds