Why become a member? ×

NBD! Cort 5 string content

EddHytheTown

My first NBD in really rather a long time, and my first 5 string. The catchily-named Cort Action DLX V AS OPN...

Day 1 and, apart from the tight 5 string spacing getting some used to, I'm loving it. I played the 4 string of the next model up in the shop too, the Artisan with bartolinis and hipshot tuners, and it also played very nicely and looked great. 20190323_153429.thumb.jpg.1b7808ed8aa1e960b6fb371e053528cd.jpg20190323_153519.thumb.jpg.92160bbafe325e2339477a8b875be6bf.jpg

Anyway, some rubbish photos to prove it. I'll take that markbass preamp sheet off when I've learnt which side the bass and treble pots are on...

Edd

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

Looks sweet! A good bass for the price, hope you're enjoying it 

Cheers bigsmoke, certainly enjoying it so far. The active circuit sounds great, quite a big volume difference between it and the passive setting but perhaps that's to be expected - I've not had much active experience though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I hown the red version of this bass. The sound is a bit dark compared to other basses. And yes the volume jump from passive to active is big. But you can always use the preamp in negative to prevent that.

The preamp is not very powerful, I expected something better from MarkBass.

It's an interesting bass, it sounds a bit vintage. I like it.

But it has a lot of neck dive, which make it difficult to play, specially sitting.

I'm planning to change the bridge and the tuners to get it balanced, but I'm not sure if it worth it, as spending 200 euros on a 300 euros bass seems a bit disproportionate...

Overall, I'm a bit disappointed, as I own a Cort GB 75, which is really an excellent bass. I thought this one would have the same quality/price ratio, but no.