Why become a member? ×

Intermusic B120 - What is it?

Powertripper

I had one. The rear door was opened using the same type of key that train guards carried to open doors on a train (funnily enough).

Used mine with an HH 2x15 and then an old Ampeg 2x15. I didn't have it for too long but I remember it performing well without any issue. I don't remember it too well and suspect it was a little under-powered. I have a feeling it made way for an Acoustic 220.

• 1 month later...

I had one in the mid-80s. I got it from Thomson's music shop in the piazza in Paisley and it was second-hand when I got it. Unfortunately I had problems with it, probably after only a few days. When it worked I seem to remember it sounded fine, and the phaser was a cool addition, but the fuse kept blowing. I took it back and they tried to fix it, supplying me with a Pearl valve amp while it was getting fixed (that was a nice amp!). Eventually they came back and said they'd failed to fix it and offered me a new Carlsbro Stingray Bass amp instead. As that was the one I'd really wanted but hadn't been able to afford, I jumped at their offer (and I've still got it), but I have a sentimental desire to get hold of an Intermusic again!

• 1 month later...

I was reading another thread about bass amps from the 70s and it got me reminiscing about my old Intermusic amp.  I bought the amp 2nd hand from a shop that used to be just on the Market Square in Nottingham, must have been 1986.  I think that I PX'd it for a Trace Elliot combo in the mid 90s.  I remember that it came in a flight cased chassis with front and back panels that clipped on, built like a tank.

I also remember that I had a 2x15 cab that I used to lug around with it. I was much fitter in those days.