Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 15th anniversary combo... Really that rare?

classamin

Hi everybody!

I was wondering if anybody here would be able to help with my query. I recently purchased an Ashdown ABM-C210h-500 evo3 15th anniversary combo (it's a bit long winded, I know). It's had a recent repair job, completed by Ashdown themselves and sounds amazing. However, I have my questions about it. I only really read up on them after I got it, as the carbon vinyl covering took my eye. I managed to find one website where the blurb on the amp mentioned they were made in the UK custom shop. That may be true, as I can see them doing the limited edition in the UK as opposed to China. 

However, the bit that shook me was that it also mentioned that they were only limited to 25 units worldwide. Surely this cannot be true at all? I can't see such a large manufacturer like Ashdown manufacturing a 15th anniversary celebration model, and then limiting it to 25 worldwide. I may be wrong though!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Cheers,

Michael20190220_181931.thumb.jpg.a8422c67673ef45f70d32e1d65639499.jpg

P.s, please excuse the lack of tweeter. This is being remedied 😂

Edited by classamin
Mistake
  • Like 1

On 24/03/2019 at 09:38, 2elliot said:

Great portable bass combo. I had one a few years back. 

I bought this for ease of transport. It still weighs a bit for a portable combo, but I'm happy with the weight. 30-odd-kg all in is a Damn sight better than my old Trace 4x10! 

On 25/03/2019 at 17:16, Ashdown Engineering said:

Yes they were a LTD edition run and we only made 25 x 210 combos and 25 x 115 combos...

Hope that helps!

That certainly does help clear things up, thank you very much! :) Just out of curiosity, how much did these retail at when brand new? I paid £325 for this one second hand, and can't help but think I've gotten an absolute steal due to it's rarity and sound quality! It'd be an absolute steal without being that rare, sounds perfect!

On 25/03/2019 at 17:16, Ashdown Engineering said:

Yes they were a LTD edition run and we only made 25 x 210 combos and 25 x 115 combos...

Hope that helps!

Also, were there any differences between these and your regular ABM combo? I understand these were made in the UK shop, were there any other differences other than the carbon wrap? Cheers!

2 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

You got a bargain there, I paid the same for an ABM 500 head. I seem to remember these were quite pricey when they came out, £700 +?

It would appear so! :) a couple of years ago I actually purchased the ABM 500 head, but with a Mesa Boogie Diesel 1x15. I miss that, and I dearly regret selling it on. 

I haven't seen any prices floating around, but I quite believe they made a fair price, I'm not surprised due to their scarcity and the fact I've seen that these were made in the UK custom shop! Not sure what truth is in that but it's cool anyway, and sounds great! :)