Why become a member? ×

Dedication for you

dmccombe7

Guest oZZma
1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Rehearsals tonight 9-12pm .......on my birthday.

Is that not dedication for you. :laugh1:

Anyone else shown extreme dedication to their band. Lets hear your stories.

Dave

Happy birthday. I spent my last birthday the same way, reharsing. Except It was Saturday and my drummer cancelled last minute. 9_9 I spent the whole day playing alone, starting at 9 am.

9 minutes ago, oZZma said:

Happy birthday. I spent my last birthday the same way, reharsing. Except It was Saturday and my drummer cancelled last minute. 9_9 I spent the whole day playing alone, starting at 9 am.

So you spent the day playing with yourself? Oooooer 😉

• Haha 2

Guest oZZma
13 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

So you spent the day playing with yourself? Oooooer 😉

Playing and drinking to tell the whole truth 

6fd0539ee5e3b258a74d463fd6ab2939.jpg.5fc4b7e664e0e2277c41ba870355dd69.jpg

Dedication? Unloading two and a half tons of PA gear and lights into my garage in the early hours after every bleedin' gig because - apparently - i was the only one who knew how to work it so I should keep hold of it.....

In fairness, they did always buy me cake for my birthday and i did eventually manage to share the load around - but let's not spoil a good moan with too many facts, eh?

Happy birthday Mr McC7, have a good 'un

• Haha 2

A month ago I missed my grandson's 4th birthday as we had a rehearsal booked for the thursday night and didn't want to forfeit the fee. I got an ear-bashing from my better half. This week I moved it to tuesday so I could attend my granddaughter's 5th last night.  My better half stayed home in bed with Flu. 

• Haha 1

My birthday is April 14th so the closest Sat night would usually be designated meal with friends night out but this year Sat 13th is a gig booking so I'll be doing that instead. Some of the same mates might turn up to the gig so it's a reasonable compromise.

• Like 1