Why become a member? ×

BassSurgery 6 string

On 21/03/2019 at 10:07, BigRedX said:

We've already done this. Please try and keep up.

I’m trying to keep up but when did we do this? I just reckoned everybody was ignoring this as being to controversial for this site what with the rickenfaker rules.

I spoke to the shop about this one a while back... They said seller is the builder and even with it being second hand the builder reckons £7000 is reasonable... madness! They tried to say it's worth the price because the body is made from an old bar top! 😂 

So a free piece of discarded wood means 7k? There's barely anything out there in the custom bass world that costs more that 7k new, I just can't fathom the logic behind the price. 

This will simply never sell... it wouldn't sell at half the price either! Some people are dreamers.

On 28/03/2019 at 08:38, binky_bass said:

I spoke to the shop about this one a while back... They said seller is the builder and even with it being second hand the builder reckons £7000 is reasonable... madness! They tried to say it's worth the price because the body is made from an old bar top! 😂 

So a free piece of discarded wood means 7k? There's barely anything out there in the custom bass world that costs more that 7k new, I just can't fathom the logic behind the price. 

This will simply never sell... it wouldn't sell at half the price either! Some people are dreamers.

A 6-string Rickenbacker rip-off for £7000! Incredible. I reckon they'd be amazingly fortunate to get anywhere close to £1000 for that thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the quality is well up there, the fabrication of the custom parts for the pickups and bridge etc are not cheap... but this is a Marmite bass at best, I would own it, and I'd definitely pay £1000 for it, but I'd MUCH rather own 2 (maybe even 3!) pre-owned MTD 6 strings, maybe a few Yamaha TRB6ers, perhaps even a small fleet of Warwicks or Spectors for my £7000! At least I'd have some equity in the basses... whereas with this, if you paid £7000 for it, you may have just as well flushed £6000 down the bog!